Error in Patio Dining DS installer ?

The Patio Dining set has Poser and Daz Studio installers but the ones I've downloaded both have Poser library setups and they look identical. I've downloaded the DS installer via DIM and manually with the same result. If there is an error it seems to go futher than the installer, the Readme page shows both the Poser and DS version as being in the Poser library.

Is this set supposed to have a Daz Studio installer? The Poser version does work in Daz Studio.

Comments

• MattymanxMattymanx Posts: 6,898

I just reported this to the head of the PC club. 

• I can't say for certain, but it is very likely just fine. DS will load and use Poser figures and MUCH of the older stuff is in Poser format only. The difference usually (if there is one, not all vendors create seperate packages for Poser and DS) exists in the materials (aka: shaders and surface presets). The fact that the Readme file lists the contents for both DS and Poser as being in the Poser Library suggests just that the product was intended to work both in DS and Poser.

• MattymanxMattymanx Posts: 6,898

I can't say for certain, but it is very likely just fine. DS will load and use Poser figures and MUCH of the older stuff is in Poser format only. The difference usually (if there is one, not all vendors create seperate packages for Poser and DS) exists in the materials (aka: shaders and surface presets). The fact that the Readme file lists the contents for both DS and Poser as being in the Poser Library suggests just that the product was intended to work both in DS and Poser.

Daz Studio content and poser content are seperated now.  The Ds zip file only contains the textures folder under the runtime folder.  Everything is setup for the DS content library.  Also, DS content is in its own proprietary format which will load a lot faster in DS and allows for more functionality.  Plus most DS content comes with Iray and 3Delight materials. Not always but mostly. 

• caravellecaravelle Posts: 2,421

I just started to install the set (manually) and saw that there is only the Runtime folder. But: The textures have Normal maps, which indicates that there must be some Iray material. I think it was an error and I wait for the update. If you don't need the Iray materials you can install it into the Poser folders, and use it from there. Of course a 'real' DS version would be more comfortable...

• The Patio Dining set has Poser and Daz Studio installers but the ones I've downloaded both have Poser library setups and they look identical. I've downloaded the DS installer via DIM and manually with the same result. If there is an error it seems to go futher than the installer, the Readme page shows both the Poser and DS version as being in the Poser library.

Is this set supposed to have a Daz Studio installer? The Poser version does work in Daz Studio.

Will take a look and get it sorted, thanks for the heads up.

• Peter WadePeter Wade Posts: 1,618

Thank you Jack, the installer is fixed now. It came up as an update in DIM.

The readme still says "Poser Library" but the path Props:Merlin:Patio Dining is correct for the Daz Library.