Does anybody know of a hair like this

Kia ora

I've set myself a learning project after seeing this neat wee movie I desided I'd like to re-create this wee lass as a Daz char witha natural realistic look

al be it she maybe become Elevn depending on modd and artistic direction while I'm thinking of making her hair to learn C4D's hair system theres a chance this ole dude might not cut it (being a little realistic don't hurt, can save on heart ach) so I figuer I should maybe look for other options too

Thanks in advance for any pointers

Comments

• 3Diva3Diva Posts: 11,303

That looks like a really fun project. She kind of reminds me of Aiko! :)

• Kiwi-HawkKiwi-Hawk Posts: 88
    edited December 2017

Kia ora

Thanks for the links the Cybele looked to me to be the closet I've not long starteded so Gen 3 is probley where I have most stuff and now Gen 8 don't have Aiko but I did get Ravyn so using her as a starting point.

Being Kiwi I got lost last night looking through Maori Tat's for females (don't go there less you have a couple of days off lol) I notice that evn tho these images have been desaturated they show up as red under iRay and theier correct colours in texture mode so I got some work to do in Daz too by the looks.

@Divamakeup Just in case theres a verv very samll remot chance you might get hooked on the idea Sintel is a free download off of Blender Swap, Durian has released her and a lot of extra clothing, the model with a part body is rigged too with a walk and run cycle that stuff is outta my skill range at this point. jus uesless info for you are this point for naybody remotley curious

Post edited by Kiwi-Hawk on
  • I have that exact hair

I bought the Sintel disc set from Blender.org complete with assets, project files etc as well as the movie and have indeed used the meshes

you would need to rerig anything for DAZ studio but all export perfectly well from Blender as obj

• Keiko might also be a pretty good place to start....very similar shapes.

https://www.daz3d.com/keiko-6-starter-bundle

edited December 2017
    th3Digit said:

I have that exact hair

I bought the Sintel disc set from Blender.org complete with assets, project files etc as well as the movie and have indeed used the meshes

you would need to rerig anything for DAZ studio but all export perfectly well from Blender as obj

Not sure that for sale any more is it

Edit:

I went looking and there does not seem to be anywhere to buy that DVD set, I had found the downloads of what was still about on Blender swap

Keiko looks like a great option if anyone is doing a stylized remake, I maybe will snap up the hair from the bundle, I don't do a lot of cartoon/Stylized stuff so would not get a lot of use out of a lot of it without trying to remodel/texture to amore realistic look

I have managed to scale and resize some of the clothing abd have a hair mesh to learn how to rework and then get it all into Daz

Talk about jump in the deep end, I left my flippers and snokle at home too lol. this is not realy a beginners ideal start but hey I'm already started

• Kiwi-Hawk said:
    th3Digit said:

I have that exact hair

Not sure that for sale any more is it

was quite a few years ago that I bought it

edited December 2017

Kia ora

First iteration the gear is just to make her suitable for public apperance

I have no idea why iRay is turning her tats red

Sintal.png
    2200 x 2000 - 3M
  • Kiwi-Hawk said:
    I have no idea why iRay is turning her tats red

Gotta use the tattoos as a mask in Translucency or make them as a Diffuse Overlay and not set to scatter and transmit.

• Kia ora

Thank you off to look for a tutorial