Partial morphs question

Vholf3DVholf3D Posts: 63

I'm wondering if it is possible to have a full body morph partially applied to a Genesis 8 Figure. For example, let's say we have a full body morph such as this 

https://www.daz3d.com/orc-brute-for-genesis-8-male

I would like to apply only the head morph to the figure, leaving the rest of the body as is. The product does not come with partial morphs.

I tried to export the head as an .obj file and reimport, but I seem to lose a lot of detail since I have to export it without subdivision. Clearly I'm doing something wrong or using the wrong approach. Could you help me?

Thanks!

Post edited by Vholf3D on

Comments

• There isn't a way to import HD morphs available to the rest of us, so using the attenuate options in Morph Loader Pro won't help. I'm not sure if the ability to remove deltas from selected vertices would work with an HD morph, but even if it did you'd have the issue of a sharp division between morphed and unmorphed versins.

• but even if it did you'd have the issue of a sharp division between morphed and unmorphed versins.

I'm not concerned about that, I can go as far as smooth it out in a blender.

Is there a way to remove deltas from a non HD morpth? how would I do that in DS? 

• Make the morph(s) a favourite (click the heart icon on the slider)

Switch to the Geometry Editor tool, chnage the selection mode to vertex (right-click menu), select the areas you want to exclude, right-click>Morph Editing>Remove selected deltas from favourite(s).

Sorry, that's from memory so the labels may be off but it is fairly clear once you know where to look.

• Ah, that makes perfect sense I come from Poser but some of that translate well to DS.

When you say importing HD morphs is not available for us, do you mean only Daz can do it? we have no plugin at all?

• hioushi said:
    When you say importing HD morphs is not available for us, do you mean only Daz can do it? we have no plugin at all?

That's right, the HD tools are exclusive to Daz and to PAs making content for the Daz store I'm afraid.