Different Material preset in the same product?

My problem happens with this product "IGD2 portrait studio - Tress figure". As you can see on the attached pic, this shows two different material presets, one on the Surface editor and other  one on the Geometry editor. Then when  I try edit a surface on the geometry editor, Daz studio crashes. Also when i export the obj file. it shows the material preset from the Geometry editor, which makes it completely unusable.

Does anyone know why this happens or how can I solve it?

Thanks in advance.

01.png
572 x 818 - 84K

Comments

• DestinysGardenDestinysGarden Posts: 2,550
    edited December 2017

Hi,

First of all, what is it you are trying to do? It sounds like you are trying to change the textures or something? Please clarify in what way you are finding the light tress unusable, because it does a great job of projecting light into the scene, which is what it is supposed to be doing. If you needed it to do something else, we may be able to figure out a work around.

The reason you are getting different material zones is because the lights attached to the light tress use geometry switching which allows the lights to change from soft boxes to spot lights, etc. Not sure why that would be crashing Daz Studio in the geometry editor though.

regards, DG

Post edited by DestinysGarden on
  • rickfoxxx7@gmail.com[email protected] Posts: 186
    edited December 2017

Thanks for the reply. And thanks for the explanation about why I'm getting different material zones. My issue is that I use Octane render for rendering and when I export the obj and then import it in Octane, I get only those 4 material zones(Brackets, Frame, Tripod Head, Tubes) in Octane, that's what I meant when I said it was not usable.

Edit: I attach how Tress looks in Octane, just 4 material zones.

Preview Render Target.png
    720 x 593 - 263K
    Post edited by [email protected] on
  • MattymanxMattymanx Posts: 6,898
    rf2016 said:

Thanks for the reply. And thanks for the explanation about why I'm getting different material zones. My issue is that I use Octane render for rendering and when I export the obj and then import it in Octane, I get only those 4 material zones(Brackets, Frame, Tripod Head, Tubes) in Octane, that's what I meant when I said it was not usable.

Edit: I attach how Tress looks in Octane, just 4 material zones.

What are your export options?

• I attach my export obj option

octane.png
    453 x 505 - 24K
  • Thanks for the clarification RF. The word I have from the modeller is that the light tress was a unique, custom designed figure, specifically created to function the way he wanted inside of Daz Studio. There may have been some hand editing of the .duf files involved. We are not going to be able to offer any support for exporting to other render engines. Perhaps other community members may be able to offer more insight.

Thanks for jumping in Matty.