Manually Installing Content - Where Do Templates Belong?

When I install 3rd party content, I understand how to merge the Runtime, People, Data, and Documention folders into My Daz 3D Library main folder. But where do I unzip folders refering to "Templates"? 

Sometimes a downloaded product will have a folder just called Templates. Others will have a folder called UV Templates, UV PSDs, and so in. Where do I put these types of folders in the Library?

Comments

• ChoholeChohole Posts: 33,604

Templates can go wherever you want them to.  I have mine in a folder called templates on my D drive, and I have my own series of folders within the larger folder that makes sense to me.  Templates are for making alternatives textures sets in a Paint program, they are not used within DS.

• Good to know! Sometimes when I install clothes, DS Content Library just shows the Materials without the actual clothing. So I thought maybe I was installing the templates in the wrong place. So now I just need to figure out why the clothes aren't showing up sometimes. I'll see if I can find a specific example. Thanks!

• PS. What about "UV PSDs"? Same answer?

• ChoholeChohole Posts: 33,604

I would imagine so, although I have never come across those personally.

• IceDragonArtIceDragonArt Posts: 12,548

PSD's are a photoshop file. I put all of my PSD files in a file labelled (unoriginally) PSD files inside the main Photoshop Stuff folder so I have it all in one place.