Thousands of errors in log after loading G3F/G3M

First question:

When I open my log file in Notepad++, several common characters are replaced with %20 (space), %21, %2B (+) etc. Does anyone know how to make Notepad++ display these characters properly? The replacement makes the log useless when it comes to copy-pasting file addresses.

Second Question:

I have several hundred of these right at the top of the G3F queue in my log file after loading G3F:

WARNING: fileinput\dzassetdaz.cpp(1367): Failed to create alias!
WARNING: fileinput\dzassetdaz.cpp(7340): Failed to add user alias property to node.

They appear in bunches, with nothing more specific. Are there supposed to be a bunch of them in a row, before I get anything that mentions a specific file and directory? Are they all referring to the next specified file/directory? Or is each some phantom problem that I'll never be able to solve?

Third Question:

What is this (from the same log)?

WARNING: fileinput\dzassetdaz.cpp(7327): Could not find reference: 
[directory/file location snipped]

The snipped part is some nonexistent nonsense (something in v4 bodysuit, which shouldn't be in my G3F) that I don't want G3F referring to. The problem is not the nonexistence of the file being referred to, the problem is whatever is erroneously referring to it in the first place. I don't have a CLUE where the reference would be. Can anyone point me to what I'm looking for? Which file contains the reference, and how to go about removing the bad reference? I load G3F from all kinds of places; from the original dsf that lands in the library when I install G3F, or more usually, from one of the many saves I have that include G3F. But I have no idea where the actual file that contains G3F's references are stored. Is it in the aforementioned original dsf? It's the best guess I have, but it doesn't make a whole lot of sense, because I can save G3F as a dsf right next to the original, and something tells me it won't be linking to the original G3F dsf, but to whatever the original G3F dsf links to.

Fourth Question:

From same log

/data/DAZ 3D/Genesis 3/Female/Morphs/zantetsuken/genesis 2 morph infusion/Dani.dsf (1,1): Syntax error - expected '{' or '['

I used GenX to disable that morph, but upon reloading G3F, the error is still there. Again, the problem seems to be the reference, not what is being referred to (GenX shows the morph as still disabled when I exited DS and loaded a fresh copy of G3F, btw).

How do a I modify or delete these references? Or should I even be worried? I started investigating my log because of all the people here who say G3F loads for them in 10, 15, 30 seconds. It takes me about 130 seconds to load G3F, and I'd really like to make that faster if I can do so by deleting references or disabling morphs with GenX. But I have no idea how to delete references.

Comments

• JQPJQP Posts: 511
    edited December 2017

The v4 bodysuit reference is actually to a scene file, which makes no sense. It looks like this:

v4bodysuit1_29935:My Folder Where I put Scene Files/G3F Scene Files/bla bla bla/Scene file that shouldn't be referred to in my G3F.duf#PBMHipsCrest?value

I opened my original G3F duf (sorta; had to load it and then save over it again sans compression so it would load in a text editor) in Notepad++ and ran a quick search for a short string from the scene file's address and got nothing, so clearly the reference isn't in the G3F.duf.

Edit: I've been saying "dsf" when I meant "duf."

Post edited by JQP on
  • For the fourth issue, see the entries for (that is, before) DS 4.10.0.108

http://docs.daz3d.com/doku.php/public/software/dazstudio/4/change_log#4_10_0_108