SCI-FI Celebration

1363738394042»

Comments

• Griffin AvidGriffin Avid Posts: 3,758

I like the framing and the almost-hidden terminator at their feet. Lol I almost missed him. And if you look close, you got a guy in the background with his back to us.

I saw that Daz is using your Space Crimes cover in their Social Media adverts. congratulations.

I love that Title look. All of it- well done.

• tkdroberttkdrobert Posts: 3,532

Griffin Avid said:

I need to run this purchase by you. I want the new suits too, but I wish the new set was made for BOTH generations.

For my comics, I'm thinking about what happens If I do try the Gen 9 suits with Gen 8 figures...

And If I need to do some upper chopping with the Geometry Editor to get the upper torso of the Gen 8 character in the suit without issues.

OR

Should I get it now, for the future or maybe even use the expansion props (which to me, is the real part I want) from this Gen 9 set with the previous suit set....

Hmmm.

Um, image shared to keep the thread on point.

Drew Spence The Astronaut Box comic page

This looks very cool.

• RedfernRedfern Posts: 1,582

Watching a collection of YouTube "reaction" videos about the 1984 horror comedy "Gremlins" inspired me to dig up a vintage product by RawArt, his "Grimlens" and create this lil' bugger plundering a dank basement.

• Llola LaneLlola Lane Posts: 9,063

Redfern said:

--------

Watching a collection of YouTube "reaction" videos about the 1984 horror comedy "Gremlins" inspired me to dig up a vintage product by RawArt, his "Grimlens" and create this lil' bugger plundering a dank basement.

Just... keep them out of bright light, don’t get them wet and never, ever feed them after midnight!

Llola Lane said:

Redfern said:

--------

...and never, ever feed them after midnight!

Looks like it's a bit late for that! devil

Redfern said:

Llola Lane said:

Redfern said:

--------

maybeeee... I couldn't tell the scale... need a teenie tiny hooman... lol 

Llola Lane said:

Redfern said:

Llola Lane said:

Redfern said:

--------

Uh...Is it possible you are confusing the effects?  Eating after midnight did not make the Mogwai grow (not sybstantially, anyway).  Rather it caused them to metamorphose from cute teddy bear like critters covered in fur into scaly, quasi-reptilian monsters with gangly limbs and sharp claws.

Redfern said:

Llola Lane said:

Redfern said:

Llola Lane said:

Redfern said:

--------

Uh...Is it possible you are confusing the effects?  Eating after midnight did not make the Mogwai grow (not sybstantially, anyway).  Rather it caused them to metamorphose from cute teddy bear like critters covered in fur into scaly, quasi-reptilian monsters with gangly limbs and sharp claws.

Oh... maybe I am???  I guess it's been a while since I've seen the movie.  Scared the be-geeeberz out of me... All I remember is them growing and getting teeth!  lol.  My imagination playing tricks on me again.  lol.  Thanks for the clarification.  :)  Well done artwork either way... scarrrrrrrrrrrrry!!!!!

Llola Lane said:

Redfern said:

Llola Lane said:

Redfern said:

Llola Lane said:

Redfern said:

--------

Oh... maybe I am???  I guess it's been a while since I've seen the movie.  Scared the be-geeeberz out of me... All I remember is them growing and getting teeth!  lol.  My imagination playing tricks on me again.  lol.  Thanks for the clarification.  :)  Well done artwork either way... scarrrrrrrrrrrrry!!!!!

Now, several of the puppets had to be a tad bigger so the technicians could fit the various mechanisms to operate the eyes, ears, mouth and limbs, but running a cursery Google search, "in story", Gizmo and the other Mogwai (Cantonse for "monster")were just under a foot tall when standing.  The metamorphosed "gremlins" stood around 24 inches (I assume in their hunched, bent legged stance).  So, yes, I'll concede they did grow, but not to kaiju (Godzilla) dimenions.

Here's what I assume was probably a "publicity" photo as this specific setup was not in the movie, but standing by the fridge and upon the counter gives one a reasonable sense of their size.

https://media.gettyimages.com/id/1191491264/photo/creatures-from-gremlins.jpg?s=2048x2048&w=gi&k=20&c=c5BXFNSauUZQKkuPrcrfei9BNr0aIePL_t8pQXF_KKY=

Redfern said:

----- hunched, bent legged stance).  So, yes, I'll concede they did grow, but not to
    kaiju (Godzilla) dimenions.

Here's what I assume was probably a "publicity" photo as this specific setup was not in the movie, but standing by the fridge and upon the counter gives one a reasonable sense of their size.

---

OMG... even looking at that photo I got the beee geeberzzzzzzzz... (shakes)  lol.  Thanks for the references.  I think I'll go to bed now... Hope I don't have nightmares!

Venom

Venom

• junkjunk Posts: 1,230
    edited January 17

The Chamber of Time (Part #4)
    The Chamber of Time

Continuing the story of Mira against the time thieves.  Things look bad for Mira as she is having her mind scrambled... Is there still hope from such forces of evil?

Post edited by junk on

junk said:

---

Continuing the story of Mira against the time thieves.  Things look bad for Mira as she is having her mind scrambled... Is there still hope from such forces of evil?

I hope someone swoops in to save her junk.. Just like in the movies... When all seems lost.... WHAM!!!!  right? 

Well done... as usual :)

Llola Lane said:

junk said:

---

I hope someone swoops in to save her junk.. Just like in the movies... When all seems lost.... WHAM!!!!  right? 

She's got this! ....  I think she has got this but will she be the same when it's all said and done? 

junk said:

Llola Lane said:

junk said:

---

She's got this! ....  I think she has got this but will she be the same when it's all said and done? 

THAT.... is the million dollar question!  ;)

• Griffin AvidGriffin Avid Posts: 3,758

I'm not really happy that you got Venom beating Spider-Man, but I'm going to hold my tongue.

How dare you, sir!

Griffin Avid said:

I'm not really happy that you got Venom beating Spider-Man, but I'm going to hold my tongue.

How dare you, sir!

Don't worry, Spider-Man always wins in the end.

Space Crimes - Officers Take Her Away

This image has two Anti-AI effects applied to it. 

The first is that I utilized a free program called Glaze to hide my style from the AI seeing it. In other words when someone types a prompt of "create a futuristic crime scene in the style of Thomas Slofkosky" they might get something very different. 

The second pass is something called AI Poisoning using software called Nightshade where it fools AI into seeing something completely different than what us humans see.  So instead of seeing a cow in a pastuer, AI while scraping images, might see a hand-back on grass.  The poisoning is that now when someone wants AI to create a hand-bag, they might get an image of a cow mixed in with the bag.  In other words it's bad data and has now potentially poisoned the trained data. 

Not that my work is something AI would want to scrape but it's the principle.  I have more details on the software in the link above. 

• David RDavid R Posts: 213
    edited February 20

junk said:

The first is that I utilized a free program called Glaze to hide my style from the AI seeing it. In other words when someone types a prompt of "create a futuristic crime scene in the style of Thomas Slofkosky" they might get something very different. 

The second pass is something called AI Poisoning using software called Nightshade where it fools AI into seeing something completely different than what us humans see.  So instead of seeing a cow in a pastuer, AI while scraping images, might see a hand-back on grass.  The poisoning is that now when someone wants AI to create a hand-bag, they might get an image of a cow mixed in with the bag.  In other words it's bad data and has now potentially poisoned the trained data. 

Not that my work is something AI would want to scrape but it's the principle.  I have more details on the software in the link above. 

I had no idea there were anti AI applications.  That is good news. 

Post edited by David R on

David R said:

junk said:

I had no idea there were anti AI applications.  That is good news. 

I thought the same thing when I read about it.  It only works right now and soon it will be easily dismissed by AI as it consumes the images. 

Hotel Secure... Second Ode to Stonemason

Tara 9 HD in "Hotel Secure..."

Applied free Anti-AI software once again on the image with Glaze and Nightshade.  It's a little fuzzier than how I created it but just fine.

• FirstBastionFirstBastion Posts: 7,330

Thank you Tom for mentioning the technology.  I'm reading up on the University of Chicago Glaze site now,  this is so necessary.  

FirstBastion said:

Thank you Tom for mentioning the technology.  I'm reading up on the University of Chicago Glaze site now,  this is so necessary.  

Of course!  I hope that it really works as advertised but at least it's a little hope.  I believe counter measures will be outsmarted quickly though. 

• pctech4nypctech4ny Posts: 177
    edited March 19

The image I rendered for use as a book cover for my sci-fi story "The Masuyo Incident."

Many thanks to Tiffanie Gray for feedback.

https://gcdn.daz3d.com/gallery/image/1332017/1710605174/main.png

The Masuyo Incident

Masuyo Incident cover revision test 1.png
    1760 x 2640 - 7M
    Masuyo Incident cover revision.png
    1760 x 2640 - 6M
    Post edited by pctech4ny on

So Say We All

So Say We All.