Working with mirrors

VCChrisVCChris Posts: 0
edited December 1969 in Art Studio

I took on a challenge from a family member to work with mirrors and I had fun. Used a lot of indirect lighting to set the mood and to create shadows. I wanted to get the beveled/rounded edge that older mirrors have so I used a cylinder to create the mirror surfaces with a chrome shader. Then I flattened the cylinder and fit it into the wooden frames. I was very pleased with the final result. I also created the candles using a LinearPointLight, in the Display>Light I set Illumination to Diffuse Only and the Intensity to 150. I picked a yellow/orange color.

Youre_so_vain.jpg
1910 x 938 - 1020K

Comments

• IvyIvy Posts: 7,156
    edited December 1969

VCChris said:
    I took on a challenge from a family member to work with mirrors and I had fun. Used a lot of indirect lighting to set the mood and to create shadows. I wanted to get the beveled/rounded edge that older mirrors have so I used a cylinder to create the mirror surfaces with a chrome shader. Then I flattened the cylinder and fit it into the wooden frames. I was very pleased with the final result. I also created the candles using a LinearPointLight, in the Display>Light I set Illumination to Diffuse Only and the Intensity to 150. I picked a yellow/orange color.

It looks great . :)
  • bighbigh Posts: 8,147
    edited December 1969

VCChris said:

super work