DAZ works but Blender don't opengl updated mad

edited December 2017 in New Users

EDIT: Problem solved I think. What happened was I spent the evening trying to learn what was opengl and how to upgrade it because the new version of DAZ would not open it said it needed a higher version of this opengl finally I just selected a driver that seemed to be an upgrade at NVIDIA's website and then this morning Blender won't open yet DAZ does just fine.

I seem to have fixed the problem but not sure how. I checked the driver by viewing Device Manager panel and my driver was still the same I could tell because I wrote down all sorts of information in a notebook and it all still was the same so why DAZ suddenly started working and then Blender not is just weird. I installed NVIDIA's Gforce Experience which I still am not sure what it is or does I thought it was a driver but after installing it last night DAZ worked.

Very strange. Now both programs are working after a reboot.

Is there any way to get email notifications when somebody replies to my questions because I have asked the same question a few times not knowing if others have replied or even how to get to my posts. I bookmarked this and another post.

Thank You for the support.

Post edited by bhfineartist_2d42f5137d on

Comments

• BeeMKayBeeMKay Posts: 7,018

That's what system backups are done for. Common knowledge when you deal with software. Because shit always happen.

Are you using Windows or Mac? What version?

Exactly which version of the nvidea driver did you try to install for what card? In the Device Manager, does "Return to the previous driver" for the card work?

Also, does DAZ now work, or still not work?

Does Re-installing Blender solve the problem?

• BeeMKay said:

That's what system backups are done for. Common knowledge when you deal with software. Because shit always happen.

Are you using Windows or Mac? What version?

Exactly which version of the nvidea driver did you try to install for what card? In the Device Manager, does "Return to the previous driver" for the card work?

Also, does DAZ now work, or still not work?

Does Re-installing Blender solve the problem?

Thank You for replying. I am sorry I was a bit angry and posted angrily. Thank You for trying to help anyway despite my attitude. I edited the post and yes I got the programs to work but it seems that the driver was not updated at all. I checked it using Device Manager, had no idea that there was a rollback feature, and the information I had wrote down was the same so I am not sure why DAZ is working, yadyadayada. At any rate I rebooted my system on the advice of a 'how to uninstall Geforce Experience' which is what I had installed thinking it was a driver I still have no idea what it is but it seemed to make DAZ work because after 'installing' it DAZ worked just fine with no errors.

Now both DAZ and Blender work. So I hope this solves things though am unsure how exactly it did so. Now I will check Device Manager again to see if the driver actually changed.

Very weird.

Thank You again for your reply.

edited December 2017

It's understandable. I'm also miffed of when such things happen.

You don't need the Geforce experience, really. It comes with the driver usually, but it's not neede for rendering. When you install, select "manual installation" and only install the graphic driver. Otherwise, you will have tons of useless stuff on your system.

If I may ask, what card are you using? The nVidea page has a search engine for its cards, and some cards just don't like the newer drivers - I used to have a GTx660, and that wouldn't take any of the new drivers. http://www.nvidia.com/Download/index.aspx

Post edited by BeeMKay on

As for the notifications, yes, you can. Cick on the little gear at the top right of the forum, and from the dropdown, select your user name.

You then end up on a subpage that has some basics about you joining, etc. it has a second gear symbol at the right side. When you click on that, the dropdown will offer "edit profile". Click on that and you'll get a new list that has notification settings in it.