Snow day - what to do

Weather will be keeping me inside today.  Slow cooker is simmering.  After I make up the final exam for my class, I will have time for my 3D hobby.  Should I...

- work on my Brash Lonergan and Moxie Espinoza project https://www.daz3d.com/forums/discussion/104646/my-project-brash-lonergan-adventures/p1 ?

- spend some time on the 37th Carrara challenge https://www.daz3d.com/forums/discussion/216796/carrara-challenge-37-dungeons-deep-wip-thread#latest ; ?

- download a free model from 3DRender for the just for fun challenge thread https://www.daz3d.com/forums/discussion/216526/3d-render-fun-challenge-in-carrara#latest ?

- make some NLA clips for the alien for the animation club https://www.daz3d.com/forums/discussion/212131/animation-club-starting-another-animation-my-favorite-alien-modeling-starting/p1 ; ?

- repurpose some content for Phil and Tim's Carrara category in the Its Raining Men challenge https://www.daz3d.com/forums/discussion/208521/tangoalpha-philw-sponsor-a-carrara-category-in-its-raining-men-challenge#latest   ?

- do some more experiments with Carrara hair and NPR/Toon rendering, inspired by Chris and Philemo  https://www.daz3d.com/forums/discussion/217111/my-dynamic-hair-presentation#latest ?

- watch some tutorials?

- just doodle for fun?

Still a lot of energy in the Carrara corner of the forums.

Comments

• I have the same dilemma (or, as one of my professor's used to say, maybe it's a de-lime).

My options for this unexpectedly snowy day are:

• I've got some Udemy courses related to my job that I bought during one of their big sales that I could watch
    • I've been slowly building my 3D sculpting and 3D painting skills up and have some things I want to do along those lines
    • Do something for the just for fun challenge thread (I;ve already got all the models downloaded since I've been following that thread for a couple years)
    • Work on the 37th Carrara challenge

I think I'm going to go make a big breakfast and watch birds and squirells with the cats while I think about it. laugh 

• Steve KSteve K Posts: 3,226

We had a snow day, also, here in ... Houston.  surprise  Last time was 8 years ago.

What I did was wait til mid-morning when it was all melted, then mowed the grass.

• DiomedeDiomede Posts: 15,125

Mowed the grass after a snowstorm?  LOL.  That is great. I lived in Dallas for a while and remember running in an 8 mile race one Thanksgiving.  It was in the mid 60s farenheit when the race started, but we finished in an ice storm. Lot of incentive to run fast. 

• I also have so many ideas i would like to realise in Carrara but don't know where to start :D
    right now i've lots of fun working with the dynamic hair as i always learn new things about that like that draping the hair is more for longer haircuts while short haircuts won't drape like i wanted them, so brushed the hair in position, pushed it, brushed it, pushed it, added guides, brushed the single guide hair, pushed it, and so on :)

• StezzaStezza Posts: 7,988

Listen to cicadas singing! The loudest insect in the world is in full chorus..

the ground is peppered with holes where they have ventured out after their 5 years of underground living.

Only the males sing to attract their mate... and by the sounds of them they aren’t having any success as it goes on and on and on....

and the kangaroos are feeding in the front yard... big buggers!

i think I will do another cucumber render.... a hairy cucumber render.

I’ve heard stories of this stuff you call snow...

Snow is fantastic if it is in the correct amount, at the correct time, in the correct place - like ski resorts.

• MistaraMistara Posts: 38,675
    edited December 2017

watching 3 ironman movies in a row, but backwards smiley starting with 3.

mandarin related to Priscilla, Queen of the Deser, sort of

makin a luau salad, crowned with a kiwi, too pretty to eat

hairy hula skirts  tee hee

Post edited by Mistara on
  • Steve KSteve K Posts: 3,226
    Diomede said:

Mowed the grass after a snowstorm?  LOL.  That is great. I lived in Dallas for a while and remember running in an 8 mile race one Thanksgiving.  It was in the mid 60s farenheit when the race started, but we finished in an ice storm. Lot of incentive to run fast. 

I don't think "snowstorm" is the right word.  More like a light dusting of parts of Houston neighborhoods with snow.  Not that everybody and their brothers weren't posting pictures of little patches of snow on Facebook.  I slept late and when I got up, my wife said "You missed it".  Some out-of-town friends sent texts: "Going skiing?"  We'd have to drive several hours to find a hill ...  I recall New Yorkers after a real snowstorm laughing at the folks in Washington, DC who complained about 3" of snow.  "Three inches!?!?   I had to leave for work from a second story window!"

• TangoAlphaTangoAlpha Posts: 4,584

We've got about an inch of snow here - first time we've had this much in about 5 years, and it's still snowing! I'll spare you the photo though, cos you'd only laugh! cheeky

• VyusurVyusur Posts: 2,235

We don't have snow at all this year.

• ChoholeChohole Posts: 33,604

We've got about an inch of snow here - first time we've had this much in about 5 years, and it's still snowing! I'll spare you the photo though, cos you'd only laugh! cheeky

Basically snowed in here, unless one walks.  One ID 10 T entertained the neighbours when he tried to drive an old Vauxhall astra along our road (6-8 inches laying, more than 11 inches in the drifts)  A couple of them took pity on him,  or maybe were worried about the couple of parked cars, and got him roughly to the kerb.  The snow is now slowly and gently covering up the mess he churned up in the middle of previously pristine white road.   All 3 Mountain roads are closed and as our village is not a priority we have not been gritted. 

We're up to about 3 inches now, and it's almost stopped snowing. Amazon is supposed to be delivering today, but whether they'll arrive I don't know. Fortunately I did my food shopping yesterday, so I don't need to go out. Afternoon in front of the telly, I think . . .

is the heavy sloshy snow.  poor holly bush, branches weighed down

• DartanbeckDartanbeck Posts: 21,326

We have a nice, frozen first snow. Just a light coating.

Rosie and I got up in the middle of the night and decorated our tree and whole downstairs. Something we've kept getting dragged away from doing - so I made up some hot cocoa and away we went!

• StezzaStezza Posts: 7,988
    edited December 2017

not a snow flake in sight in my back yard!

just cicadas singing still looking for that mate smiley

Our Back Yard.jpg
    800 x 450 - 399K
    Post edited by Stezza on
    Stezza said:

not a snow flake in sight in my back yard!

just cicadas singing still looking for that mate smiley

more of the hdri stuff?  smiley

was a big download, has the yosemite sets nows

• ChoholeChohole Posts: 33,604

We're up to about 3 inches now, and it's almost stopped snowing. Amazon is supposed to be delivering today, but whether they'll arrive I don't know. Fortunately I did my food shopping yesterday, so I don't need to go out. Afternoon in front of the telly, I think . . .

Did you get you Amazon delivery?   I had one due Monday (ie today),  they reckon they couldn't deliver today due to the weather.  Now they say they can't deliver tomorrow.

Postman made it up here, in his trusty little red van. 

Yeah, it came Monday morning. Irony is, it was the wrong thing, so it has to go back!

• DartanbeckDartanbeck Posts: 21,326

8.5" so far today. Ohhhh.... my baaaack!!!!

edited December 2017

Cold here now, but no snow.  Took a break to go to the botanical gardens and see the holiday train display. 

Click to see full size

Untitled-1.jpg
    2448 x 3264 - 2M
    Post edited by Diomede on

3 more inches tnite.  rolling up in a fleecy blanket cocoon.

Some more flurries, but nothing sticking. Working weekend. Yech. Monday should be off. Might try to see the Star Wars movie Monday.