How do you delete a shader?

I'm just starting to play with shaders. I can get some of them to actually load.smiley  If I apply a shader and don't like it, how do I delete it without starting over? I've looked in the scene port but shaders don't seem to be listed like clothes and other stuff that you put on your character.

Comments

• BeeMKayBeeMKay Posts: 7,018

Edit--> Undo It returns you to the previous.

As for shaders, they would be showing in the surface tab, when you select a surface. The settings there change which each shader you apply. Note that sometimes, to apply a shader, you will have to select the surface, or it won't work.

• Thank you, didn't think to look in the edit tab. Ok, I'll make sure a surface is selected, sometimes I have to click off the surface and then click it again, not sure why

• Not the right thread now, but - I used the Selection Tool - which is super easy to use - but I would like to only choose one arm. There isn't any option for this that I can see. If I choose the right arm in Scene. There is still no option for a 'right arm' in the surface pane. And without choosing it the shader won't apply. 

I thought I had the option in surface pane before, but I'm not seeing it now.

• There's no way to easily apply a shader on only one limb. This thread is the way I'd go.

https://www.daz3d.com/forums/discussion/18167/texture-on-one-arm-only-on-genesis

Or perhaps two different renders with the two different arm option and then blended in postwork?

• Sven DullahSven Dullah Posts: 7,621
    edited December 2017

Or create a geometry shell, apply your shader to the arms, then go to parameters pane/visibility and hide the other arm.

Edited to add: Hide everything else! Sorrywink

Post edited by Sven Dullah on
  • Thanks guys.  I'll check out the link  Seeker273. 

I have no clue about geometry shells, Sven Dullah, but something to look into. Wait, I read that again ( like 5 times) then I save the geometry shell and apply it to my character later.  I'll check that out for sure.

You select your character in the scene tab then go to create/geometry shell. The shell is like a copy of your character with the same geometry and surface zones. It has a push modifier applied to it by default found in the parameters pane when you select the shell in the scene tab. You can adjust the modifier offset if you like, a smaller value makes it tighter. With the shell selected go to surface tab and select the arms surface and apply your shader, then go to the parameters pane and you'll find something like visibility, there you can turn off the other surface zones so just one arm of the shell is visible.

• Thank you Sven Dullah, I'm playing around with this and having mostly success. A lot to get used to.

Thank you Sven Dullah, I'm playing around with this and having mostly success. A lot to get used to.

Great to hear! And no probsmiley