Why does DAZ Studio render in a smaller box?

I probably hit the wrong key with my fumble fingers. When I do a render, it always comes in a smaller box. I tried increasing the size of that box, but it still renders in a smaller size. Help?!

render problem-sm.jpg
1024 x 578 - 357K

Comments

• DaWaterRatDaWaterRat Posts: 2,882

On the Render settings tab, you can designatte the size of the render, including rendering to a file rather than a new window if you like.

• Gusf1Gusf1 Posts: 257

I believe the render size is determined by the Render Dimensions in the Render Menu.  The viewport is determined by your dragging it out.

Gus

• Ron KnightsRon Knights Posts: 1,763
    edited December 2017

OK, I think I found it. I needed to select Active Viewport in Dimension Preset. I couldn't get a screenshot because the Render Settings window disappears when I try.

Post edited by Ron Knights on
  • Gusf1Gusf1 Posts: 257

I just went to 'render settings', Clicked on 'general', and there it was.  The aspect ratio was 10:13 and the pixel size was 1000 x 1300.  The boxes make it look like you can change them if you like.  Your aspect ratio also shows at the top of the render frame in the viewport.

Gus

• Ron KnightsRon Knights Posts: 1,763

Thanks, I got it. There must be some sort of hotkeys to change render settings. I must have hit the hotkeys when I was fumbling about.