Crossing Fingers for Help. Partially Solved

ArtAngelArtAngel Posts: 1,641

Downloaded 251 files via DIM. A day or so ago and am getting this error an not one thumbnail anywhere in Daz Studio Content or Smart Pane. I did not update DAZ or DIM

Daz Error.JPG
645 x 505 - 86K
Post edited by ArtAngel on

Comments

• KindredArtsKindredArts Posts: 1,239
    ArtAngel said:

Downloaded 251 files via DIM. A day or so ago and am getting this error an not one thumbnail anywhere in Daz Studio Content or Smart Pane. I did not update DAZ or DIM

Do you have movie maker by dreamlight? if so there may be incompatibilities with this version. Try uninstalling it via DIM and see if the error goes away.

• ArtAngelArtAngel Posts: 1,641
    edited December 2017
    ArtAngel said:

Do you have movie maker by dreamlight? if so there may be incompatibilities with this version. Try uninstalling it via DIM and see if the error goes away.

Thanks. I'll check it out. Here's another screen shot. I have lost everything. Not one product exists. I did notice that dForce Essential somehow got installed on Daz4.9 166 and  I unistalled and and did  a restore back to October but nothin chnaged. I will check when it was installed as I had no problem before the last download.

Edit 1. to add  forgotten screen shot and changed title.

Edit 2. I do have it but installed it August 7 2017 and had no issue until this last download. Maybe a day or two ago. This is why I am quitting the PC+ which is up in January and planning to not revist DAZ after it expires. I can't continue buying things when downloading them ruins what is working. When one ownes 12K plus of products all purchased within one year it's too big of a job to fix.

Daz ErrorB.JPG
    3045 x 971 - 511K
    Post edited by ArtAngel on

I have a support ticket in.

ArtAngel said:

Sorry for the delay, i'm in the UK here. Yes, probably best letting support figure it out for you. Best of luck smiley

ArtAngel said:

Sorry for the delay, i'm in the UK here. Yes, probably best letting support figure it out for you. Best of luck smiley

Thanks and please do not apologize.  I have it partially fixed. In another thread Nemesis10 helped resolve the issue. In case this happens to anyome else, I have content management pointing to an external drive and have DIM dowloading to prefered locations within that external drive. Somehow, the external drive, without being removed went from F to I. It was as simple as pointing DAZ in the right direction. I still have a good portion of M7 & G8 content does not exist in Content Tab and Smart content tab but at least I can get into the content now and see a fair majority of the products.

Stay safe in that treacherous weather your having over your way. Thank you for taking the time to help.

ArtAngel said:
    ArtAngel said:

Thanks and please do not apologize.  I have it partially fixed. In another thread Nemesis10 helped resolve the issue. In case this happens to anyome else, I have content management pointing to an external drive and have DIM dowloading to prefered locations within that external drive. Somehow, the external drive, without being removed went from F to I. It was as simple as pointing DAZ in the right direction. I still have a good portion of M7 & G8 content does not exist in Content Tab and Smart content tab but at least I can get into the content now and see a fair majority of the products.

Stay safe in that treacherous weather your having over your way. Thank you for taking the time to help.

Oh awesome. Nemesis tends to know what they are talking about, i'm glad you ran into them. The weather is quintessentially British, but we'll muddle through smiley