morph loader

Escutcheon7DEscutcheon7D Posts: 0
edited December 1969 in Poser Discussion

Hi
Im wanting to import a head morph that i created in zbrush into poser.

Well first of all i loaded M4 into poser 9 then i added a head morph from my library and then i exported it as an obj and checked "morph target only" and "include existing polygroups" when exporting and clicked on the head and neck only to be sent into zbrush.

SO i did my thing in Zbrush as i was wanting to improve that particular head morph i had in my poser library. Then i exported it as an obj. Then back in poser, i clicked load morph target in m4's head properties and loaded the file but it says "target geometry has wrong number of vertices"
Can anyone help me?

Comments

• JimmyC_2009JimmyC_2009 Posts: 8,891
    edited December 1969

You could add 'Poser' to the title of your thread, or even ask a mod to move it to the Poser forum?

I assume that you know that you cannot add or remove vertices when creating a morph target? You can move the existing vertices around to your heart's content, but you cannot change the count.

• Richard HaseltineRichard Haseltine Posts: 96,933
    edited December 1969

Moved to Poser Discussions.

As Jimmy says, morphs may only move the existing vertices of the mesh - it sounds as if you divided the mesh to get more detail, your only option to keep that is to export as a displacement map and apply it to the figure in Poser.