Charlotte 8 makes... what backwards-compatible?

Key advancements with the Genesis 8-based Charlotte 8 include:

Backward Compatibility (Read More)

The most backward compatibility ever, through included clones for Genesis, Genesis 2, & Genesis 3.

Ultimate Content Compatibility (Read More)

Includes clones for Genesis, Genesis 2, and Genesis 3 content even between male and female figures.

This sounds super exciting! But, kind of a silly question... are the clones in question for auto-fitting clothing, or morphs, something else? If it is clothing, does that mean I can finally fit (for example) Genesis 3 outfits to my fav Genesis 1 figures? Or only Charlotte 8 stuff is backwards compatible?

I can't think of what ELSE the description could be referring to, but I have a learning disability, so... yeah, double-checking stuff is good. Thanks in advance!

Comments

• nonesuch00nonesuch00 Posts: 18,032

Key advancements with the Genesis 8-based Charlotte 8 include:

Backward Compatibility (Read More)

The most backward compatibility ever, through included clones for Genesis, Genesis 2, & Genesis 3.

Ultimate Content Compatibility (Read More)

Includes clones for Genesis, Genesis 2, and Genesis 3 content even between male and female figures.

This sounds super exciting! But, kind of a silly question... are the clones in question for auto-fitting clothing, or morphs, something else? If it is clothing, does that mean I can finally fit (for example) Genesis 3 outfits to my fav Genesis 1 figures? Or only Charlotte 8 stuff is backwards compatible?

I can't think of what ELSE the description could be referring to, but I have a learning disability, so... yeah, double-checking stuff is good. Thanks in advance!

It means that clothing & hair from Genesis, Genesis 2 Female, Genesis 2 Male, Genesis 3 Female, and Genesis 3 Male will fit Genesis 8 Female and Genesis 8 Male. I've tried and often the Genesis and Genesis 2 clothing will fit Genesis 8 better than Genesis 3 clothing, at least for the Genesis 3 clothing I've tried, admittedly not a huge selection that I've bought.

Also, the Genesis 3 Female skin textures sets will work on the Genesis 8 Females and the Genesis 3 Male texture sets will work on the Genesis 8 Male. However here, there is not cross compatibility between male & female like with the clothing. You can buy Slosh's UV Swap for Genesis 8 to switch skin textures between male and female though.

• It means that clothing & hair from Genesis, Genesis 2 Female, Genesis 2 Male, Genesis 3 Female, and Genesis 3 Male will fit Genesis 8 Female and Genesis 8 Male.

So... Charlotte 8 is actually not bringing anything new here? sad Blast it. Thanks for the info!

• WandWWandW Posts: 2,809

That's boilerplate text for all of the Geneis 8 females...