landscape and enviroment testing.

Noved1Noved1 Posts: 160
edited May 2013 in Art Studio

this is my first try at full on landscapes, how does it look? i feel like i could up the lighting script

redsun2.jpg
1114 x 511 - 50K
red_sun.jpg
1114 x 511 - 47K
titan_valley.jpg
1114 x 511 - 94K
titan_valley_4.jpg
1114 x 511 - 72K
creet.jpg
1333 x 750 - 327K
Post edited by Noved1 on

Comments

• The DigiVaultThe DigiVault Posts: 438
    edited December 1969

Looking good! The top image is my favorite. I'd love to do more landscapes but the render times do my head in.

• Proxima ShiningProxima Shining Posts: 969
    edited December 1969

Those are all pretty good images!

• SickleYieldSickleYield Posts: 7,629
    edited December 1969

I'd call the second one the weakest and the first one the best; the last two I adore but they're sort of a different visual genre, if that makes sense? The second one feels like the highlights are maybe blown out a little too brightly by the lights. I'd use any of them as a desktop. I like the surreality of them.

Is this Lux? The water in the first one looks extraordinary.

• Noved1Noved1 Posts: 160
    edited May 2013

immense amounts of postwork are what gives some of my renders the "crispness" you see, and i also use a non-commercial render script that i coded, as you can see more of here:---http://www.daz3d.com/forums/discussion/20102/

here is another pack of renders that i just got out of the pixel oven today.

---p.s how would i show you fellas some of my animation? id love to get advice on them.

pillar.jpg
    889 x 500 - 113K
    tree.jpg
    1114 x 511 - 181K
    alein_planet_2.jpg
    889 x 500 - 37K
    allen_plan_2.jpg
    889 x 500 - 76K
    Post edited by Noved1 on
  • SickleYieldSickleYield Posts: 7,629
    edited May 2013

Uploading them to YouTube and linking them here is the usual way.

Have you thought about offering a commercial version of your script? I'm sure there'd be a market for it.

I feel like the green water/liquid methane/whatever in the second pic doesn't work with the color scheme. It looks clashy somehow. Maybe a slightly different, less saturated or darker green?

Post edited by SickleYield on
  • The DigiVaultThe DigiVault Posts: 438
    edited December 1969

noved123 said:

---p.s how would i show you fellas some of my animation? id love to get advice on them.

A youtube link would do it.

• Noved1Noved1 Posts: 160
    edited May 2013

thank you, i will have some ani up soon, there actually pretty cool i think :D--- also, SickleYield, i need to get the hang of uv mapping and then i will start putting my armors and such on render sites, and if i like how all that works, i may release a tutorial on how to produce my heavy coded render engine. which by the way i call the "render oven" as in the renders go in it to bake. and come out crispy.

Post edited by Noved1 on