How To Save Just the Head/Face as a SHAPE to the library?

In DAZ Studio I keep trying to save the face/head, but it makes me save the whole figure.

Comments

• 3Diva3Diva Posts: 11,303

You need a separate head and body morph with just the head morph dialled into the base (non-morphed) figure. If it's for G8 you can use the headsplit dformer to create a separate head and body morph - if all you have is a single head and body morph combined together. 

26.JPG
    554 x 349 - 36K
  • FauvistFauvist Posts: 2,052

You need a separate head and body morph with just the head morph dialled into the base (non-morphed) figure. If it's for G8 you can use the headsplit dformer to create a separate head and body morph - if all you have is a single head and body morph combined together. 

Thanks, I'll try it!

• 3Diva3Diva Posts: 11,303
    Fauvist said:

Thanks, I'll try it!

Here is a quick walkthrough on how to use it: https://direct.daz3d.com/forums/discussion/comment/2774606/#Comment_2774606

I've used it a few times to separate head and body morphs, it worked pretty good the few times I've used it.

• EsemwyEsemwy Posts: 578

If you need such, few month ago, in a related thread, I posted headsplit deformers for Genesis 2 & 3. 

• CMacksCMacks Posts: 202

Save as shaping preset.  From the popup dialog, unselect the figure and then only select actor -> head.  You may have problems if you have certain full body morphs active.  Like "Victoria 7".  It's better to apply those morphs separately.  E.g.,  "Victoria 7 head" and "Victoria 7 body".

• 3Diva said:

where is this located at ? cause your image is cut off can not see it..