Does anyone know how to filter out D/S content from downloads???

edited December 1969 in Poser Discussion

I used to have only poser related files I downloaded showing, now I have a full on mess that makes no sense! How is a poser file listed now? And can I filter my downloads to only show poser products instead of every file? Thank you! See SS....

!Example!.jpg
1280 x 1024 - 193K

Comments

• fixmypcmikefixmypcmike Posts: 19,565
    edited December 1969

The Install Manager can filter just the software you use -- you can just use it to download if you prefer to install the zips manually.

edited May 2013

ssgbryan said:

On the 15th, only the combined DIMs or ZIPs are going to be available, with the occasional Studio Core file or Poser Core file along as an add-on.

In most cases the DIM zips and the installers are split the same way. In fact, I've seen a lot of DIM zip versions where they've split out separate DS and Poser versions, which used to be in a combined installer.

In addition to that, you will still need an older copy of Poser hanging around to generate the jpg or png files for older products, since DAZ appears not to have taken advantage of the updates to put those missing items in.

When the products are actually being updated, they've replaced the .rsr's with .png's. However, given the number of products that needed to be converted, if the old version didn't need updates for other reasons, they just used the same files as in the existing installer or zip.

ETA: There are also tools to convert .rsr's to .png's -- I use the free version of P3DO.

Post edited by fixmypcmike on
  • edited May 2013

I have no idea what a Dimm is! I guess I'm dim!!! So I have to download everything and just hope for the best? I do not use Daz content, just strickly poser. While I know how the materials and such are in a content folder, making me download everything is IMVHO totally a punishment for using poser.

I don't use DSON or Genesis products so I do not need those. Just a poser purist here.

Post edited by Future Fantasy Design on
  • SzarkSzark Posts: 10,634
    edited December 1969
  • edited December 1969

Szark said:

"You must have Daz Studio installed" Don't want it because I download to specific files, not just one location.Plus I have no plans to put D/S on my nice clean computer.

But thank you for thinking this was a solution.

edited December 1969

I don't use DIM myself and I did think it was a standalone program, sorry my bad.

• JimmyC_2009JimmyC_2009 Posts: 8,891
    edited May 2013

You must have DAZ Studio installed to then manage purchased content with Install Manager.

That is the whole quote, and it is a bit confusing I think. You don;t need DS installed to use the DIM to download your content. It conatins a filter, so it will only download what you tell it to. If I were you, I would give it a try.

EDIT:

The DIM will not manage your content if it has not installed that content, that is all that it means I believe. You can still use it to download the DIM ZIP files, and you can put them wherever you like.

Post edited by JimmyC_2009 on
    edited December 1969

I always thought is was a standalone program.

• rbtwhizrbtwhiz Posts: 2,181
    edited May 2013

Near the top of the product landing page, in the black bar, it states...

NOTE = Use Install Manager to download and install your 3D content for DAZ Studio and Poser.

Install Manager is NOT dependent on DAZ Studio, although there are some advantages to using it with DAZ Studio. Take a look at the bottom paragraph on this page for more information on exactly what those advantages are.

I'll talk with the Marketing folks and encourage them to clarify the...
    You must have DAZ Studio installed to then manage purchased content with Install Manager.

...statement on the product landing page. Obviously that sentence can be interpreted to mean that it will not work for customers who use another application, which is inaccurate.

The main purpose of Install Manager is to remove friction from the download and installation process of DAZ products, wherever they can be used... something that will become more evident when the version currently with the private testing team is released to the general public. For an idea of what is coming, you need only peek at the change log.
    Post edited by rbtwhiz on
  • edited December 1969

Szark said:
    I don't use DIM myself and I did think it was a standalone program, sorry my bad.

Not a problem :)

• edited December 1969

Honestly I only want to download my poser files and have no idea if I need this DIMM Listed (*see posted SS at the top of this post) it is confusing and weird. Sadly Daz is now so user unfriendly to poser peeps I no longer buy here at all except for DM and Deviney. And only one of those has this issue. Deviney is brushes for photo shop.

• Richard HaseltineRichard Haseltine Posts: 96,933
    edited May 2013

Install the DAZ Install Manager, enter your email and password for your account (the password isn't stored, just the email), click the gear icon at top-right of the dialogue and in the Downloads tab check the applications you want to see - files for the others (such as DAZ Studio, for you) will not show. The + button in the Installation tab lets you tell it where to install to - pick your Poser x Content folder.

DIM_applications.JPG
    753 x 586 - 85K
    Post edited by Richard Haseltine on
  • WandWWandW Posts: 2,786
    edited December 1969

Install the DAZ Install Manager, enter your email and password for your account (the password isn't stored, just the email), click the gear icon at top-right of the dialogue and in the Downloads tab check the applications you want to see - files for the others (such as DAZ Studio, for you) will not show. The + button in the Installation tab lets you tell it where to install to - pick your Poser x Content folder.

Or if you just want to use it do download the files and install them manually, untick the Install Downloaded Content box and it will just download the selected files.

edited December 1969

There should be a PNG or an RSR thumbnail.

edited December 1969

ssgbryan said:
    There should be a PNG or an RSR thumbnail.

Yeah, there should be, but there isn't with a lot of older DAZ content - as a rule of thumb, anything that started life with a VISE installer doesn't have thumbnails.

All the ones of those that I have have been updated -- are you still seeing ones which haven't been?

• WandWWandW Posts: 2,786
    edited December 1969

Everything I've installed via DIM has had an rsr at least. I use Dizzi's rsr convertor after installing old stuff to do all of my runtimes in one go...

• edited December 1969

Thank you Richard!!!!

and all! ;)

I have nearly 2 TB's of content, I don't use one destination folder. I have a dedicated 'E' drive. Can I split and install in any new folder I create? If I am using Poser do I even have to be concerned if there are rsr's anyway? I mean isn't that a Daz issue now and not Poser related?

ThanX!
    Ariana

edited December 1969

rsr files are the thumbnail files for the Poser library, which recent versions of Poser neither use nor convert to PNG, so if there isn't a PNG you will get the generic shrugging guy in the library (though the item will work OK).

Yes, you can set up as many install locations as you like and switch between them b Clicking the Install to Where? button at the bottom of the Ready to Install tab (which expands to show the current location and to give a drop-down list for picking a new one).

• pimanjcpimanjc Posts: 11
    edited December 1969

I use Poser9. Could someone just list the file types that daz uses for the Poser program, ie., TRX. DPC, etc. I assume they must be .exe or .zip for my Win8 system. Below are a few files I would want to know if I should download to Poser9. Which ones should I choose?

14498_KNickyHairforGenesisLegacy_v1.3_ds.exe
    14498_KNickyHairforGenesisLegacy_v1.3_ds.zip
    14498_KNickyhairforGenesisPoserCF_v1.3_dpc.exe
    14498_KNickyhairforGenesisPoserCF_v1.3_dpc.zip
    14498_KNickyHairforGenesis_v1.3_trx.exe
    14498_KNickyHairforGenesis_v1.3_trx.zip

16107_AprilShowersPosesforGenesisFemalePoserCF_v1.0_dpc.exe
    16107_AprilShowersPosesforGenesisFemale_v1.0_trx.exe
    14975_EffortlessCoolGenesis_v1.1_trx.exe
    16169_MayDayforAprilShowersPoserCF_v1.0_dpc.exe PoserCF
    16169_MayDayforAprilShowers_v1.0_trx.exe

I suspect that the EffortlessCoolGenesis can only be used in Daz Studio. Is that correct? Can I get a refund if that is correct?
    JC

edited December 1969

If you use DIM, set the filter for Poser 9 and DSON Importer for Poser.

If you want installers instead, you need the .exe files, trx and PoserCF.

For Effortless Cool you would need to use DS to create the PoserCF's, or I believe there's a script to use them without PoserCF's.