Question about pose converters and workflow?

edited December 2017 in Product Suggestions

Hey all, 

So basically, I want to be able to use the original V4 poses with G2, G3, and G8. I already have the first Gen4 to G2 converter, and it worked really well. the question is... and no guarantees about whether or not this is a dumb question... ;) Does the workflow through the other two conversion go smoothly or are there any glitches? In other words, is it easy to just convert the already-converted G2 poses to G3 and then to G8 with the other 2 products playing well together?

Post edited by anise_leinen_390fa63a2b on

Comments

• Serene NightSerene Night Posts: 17,602
    edited December 2017

The answer is not clear cut I’m afraid. Some poses I’ve been able to move all the way up the ladder and others I could not. Some poses especially a few  bought on rendo I couldn’t get to gen 8. I wanted to see if I could convert the pose without using forearm unlocker at any stage.  I cover it in page 46 of my thread.

Post edited by Serene Night on
  • I will definitely check your thread out. :) I was kind of afraid of this... that every pose wouldn't convert easily. But it sounds like a lot of them did? Did you just take the folder of converted poses (Gen4 to G2, for example) and then set that folder as the one to start from for G2 to G3, and then G3 to G8?

• Serene NightSerene Night Posts: 17,602
    edited December 2017

I am unsure why some poses don’t convert or don’t do it properly. I think some poses are made differently such as using pose controls va by using the bone. I also think there is a bug or an issue with the script in the newer version of Studio. Prior to these latest versions most converted fine, but now some scripts will run but do nothing.

i recommend convert m4/v4 to Genesis 2 and then gen 2 to 3 and then gen 3 to 8. I would test the poses with each figure stage to make sure it transfers. No need to bother if you get it to one generation and it fails to work. Plus if you take it step by step you can have copies for that generation as well.. But each pose transfer utility may work differently and some will convert the existing conversions wherever they are stored and others will make a new folder

there is also https://www.sharecg.com/v/89846/browse/8/Script/Daz3d-Pose-Converter-Standalone

i wish someone would make a converter That will convert poses from every generation without multiple steps. But I don’t know of one.

Post edited by Serene Night on