Genesis 8 not loading in Carrara

I'm sure I have read comments tha G8 is not supported in Carrara. Also I'm sure I read somewhere about a work around.

My confusion is, Daz provide the figure which can be installed with DIM but try loading from the browser and Carrara crashes.

Is this everyone's experience ? If so beats me why Daz puts G8 in our library ?

Are we expected to export from Studio ? If so what format is best. Fbx,Collada etc or just a scene. I dont really want to go that route though - like to stay away from DS

Should I just stay away from G8 ? yes 

Comments

• 0oseven0oseven Posts: 626

Thanks th3rdigit.

Appears these presets require G8 M or F to be loaded. My problem is that G8 figures do not load in Carrara ! I experienced this a long time ago but thought I'd give it another try having reinstalled Windows, Carrara, DStudio and some content but Carrara still crashes when loading G8.  angry 

• 0oseven said:

Thanks th3rdigit.

Appears these presets require G8 M or F to be loaded. My problem is that G8 figures do not load in Carrara ! I experienced this a long time ago but thought I'd give it another try having reinstalled Windows, Carrara, DStudio and some content but Carrara still crashes when loading G8.  angry 

no you load them instead

So you mean the G8 figure is included in the 'preset ' ?  I was going to try that but problem Downloading from Rend at moment.

• 0oseven said:

So you mean the G8 figure is included in the 'preset ' ?  I was going to try that but problem Downloading from Rend at moment.

well it is a character preset which loads the G8 figure from the dsf data files without the typos which crash Carrara and with blended weightmapping instead of dual quartonian which Carrara does not read.

• officially it's not working on daz studio, i have never tested this by myself but i will stay away from G3 and G8 products and also stay away from DazStudio as long as they officially solve that issue :)
    It should be an easy thing to fix for Daz Studio Team, the question is just, why they don't fix it.

Anyway, G8 or G3 aren't better than V/M4, V/M5 or V/M6, just because they are older doesn't mean they are not good.

• MistaraMistara Posts: 38,675

G3 has face rigging.

poseable ears. smiley brows, cheeks, chin, lips

th3Digit said:
    0oseven said:

well it is a character preset which loads the G8 figure from the dsf data files without the typos which crash Carrara and with blended weightmapping instead of dual quartonian which Carrara does not read.

the preset doesn't hold geometry or morphs internally.  

it connects to the live DS data folder for Genesis 8, morphs and future morphs you install will show in Carrara.

be aware HD morphs aren't currently working in carrara. haven't found a workaround yet. >.<

• VyusurVyusur Posts: 2,235

I thought G3 had HD morphs too, and navel and mouth HD realism morphs. But they perfectly work in Carrara with correct elbows and knees, and other joints.

edited December 2017
    th3Digit said:
    0oseven said:

All so simple when explained. Thanks everyone for enlightening the uninformed. I have since been able to load the preset , no problem except Female has no maps ! G8 M is ok.  

Tried loading from the smart content located   - default/ material / feminine/ Genesis 8 /skin  but am getting error notices. eg

Warning: file /data/Age of Armour/Subsurface Shaders/AoA_Subsurface/AoA_Subsurface.dsf could not be found
    Error: node name://%40selection/Genesis8Female: not found

Post edited by 0oseven on
  • yes you may manually have to apply some maps

you need DAZ studio to convert clothing to Blended weight and while in there convert any 3Delight shaders to DZdefault, there is a script in DAZ studio to do so with all the surfaces selected.

Thank You th3digit - Will give it a go but sounding more like G8 perhaps not worth the trouble .angry 

I was mainly interested in the extra bones for facial animation to see if could get, for example, more realistic lipsinc  Is there a dmc file for G8 I wonder.?

IF I did use Studio could you say what is the best format to get it into carrrara? FBX or a scene file.  Presume I still need to use the G8 preset in DS so the character brought into Carrara doesn't crash it. ?

Than you again for your responses

default g8 is in the A pose.  

havent played enough to decide if it actually is better than the classic T?

• 0oseven said:

Thank You th3digit - Will give it a go but sounding more like G8 perhaps not worth the trouble .angry 

I was mainly interested in the extra bones for facial animation to see if could get, for example, more realistic lipsinc  Is there a dmc file for G8 I wonder.?

IF I did use Studio could you say what is the best format to get it into carrrara? FBX or a scene file.  Presume I still need to use the G8 preset in DS so the character brought into Carrara doesn't crash it. ?

Than you again for your responses

yes and convert all clothing to blended weight under edit tab, figure, rigging