Sandy Hair bad look. help!

Could someone tell me how to make the hair portion look like the bangs? i have tried everything i can think of. 

it seems the formula for the bangs and the hair is the same but they come out different. the gray streaky look is

not acceptable. Sandy Hair is by Goldtassel. would buying the additional colors help?

thanks very much,

richard

sandy hair.jpg
237 x 135 - 28K

Comments

• better exposure

sandy hair.jpg
    237 x 135 - 32K
  • nonesuch00nonesuch00 Posts: 18,032
    edited December 2017

I had the same problem with the Genesis Classic Roll Hair until goldtassel made a new product by updating the old product for Genesis 3 & iRay.

Try applying, in Surfaces for that hair an iRay shader from an iRay hair that you like, but leave out the textures so you are only applying the value settings - you do that by Control-LMB <on iRay Hair Preset with the Hair Surfaces you want updated selected in the scene tab). 

Then if it is still to 'shiny' or 'grey' as you call if use as the diffuse color for those surfaces a color similar to the intended color but much lighter in color - so same hue but less saturation I think.

Or you can turn the diffuse textures to grey scale in gimp and than adjust the color hue and saturation in Gimp & save as a brand new Sandy Hair color preset.

Post edited by nonesuch00 on