DaztoC4d

Now, as DaztoMaya was made, I really would love to see DaztoC4D. I tried the route via animate 2 and Riptide Pro in Cinema 4D, but got constant crashes in Cinema 4D R15 and R18.
I also know a lot of C4D users that would love to find a reliable and easy way to use the Daz assets in Cinema 4D. Such a plugin would really come in handy.

Comments

• I think the developer of DAZ to Maya may have been working on this as well, but I'm not sure.

• Singular3DSingular3D Posts: 523
    edited December 2017

This sounds great. Can we somehow get information from him about the status. How do I contact this developer.
    I've been working on a workflow and this solution might make my solution obsolete.

Post edited by Singular3D on
  • wolf359wolf359 Posts: 3,820

Any FBX based solution Like Daz to Maya will export your daz model at base resolution
    No Daz SubD level details and certainly no DAZ HD
    I have heard you can use expresso to automate loading
    reference meshes for joint control morphs but it sounds rather complicated

There are already solutions for getting Daz genesis models
    into C4D..still or animated.
    There is this:
    http://www.rodenburg-verlag.de/shop/cinema-4d-plugins/people-in-motion-r2-0-cinema-4d-r17-winmac/

I have an older version of C4D so I use .obj/MDD with no problems
    and no loss of mesh subD fidelity
    I even use C4D's spline based dynamic hair system on my MDD imported Daz figures

MDD is superior to FBX for sending Daz figure "out in the wild" IMHO
    I can use MDD animated daz meshes in Blender,Lightwave3D and Modo

• I like the MDD solution for some use cases.

- I know Arndt and his solution (PIM), but he does not take any JCMs in account. He simply works with the FBX export (non-hires)
    - There is a way to get the hires mesh out with the FBX, but the weighting is not hires and so you have to re-weight the mesh. FBX also exports morphs as static morphs but without references (ERC Links).
      I agree that this is a cumbersome process and has to be automated in order to be useable.
    - I like the MDD solution in general, but the Riptide Pro importer crashes Cinema 4D so far, when I import a Genesis 3 figure. I didn't find the reason so far and got no response from the riptide creator as well.
      I also imported the OBJ natively in C4D R18 and applying an MDD file via Riptide Pro worked. No luck with attached props so far.

A working DaztoC4D plugin would be great. So let's hope for the best.

• I dream with DaztoCinema plugin

• Now, as DaztoMaya was made, I really would love to see DaztoC4D. I tried the route via animate 2 and Riptide Pro in Cinema 4D, but got constant crashes in Cinema 4D R15 and R18.
    I also know a lot of C4D users that would love to find a reliable and easy way to use the Daz assets in Cinema 4D. Such a plugin would really come in handy.

Hello, it seems that still Daz Studio is not developing nothing for C4D users. With Riptide Pro you can only export the AniMate2 animation from Daz and not other kind of animation packages or custom animation. Of course you have to buy this AniMate2 and you need to buy Riptide Pro but still it seems that if you want to export face expressions or morphs you can't do it. I was thinking about the Alembic format, of course you need to buy it from Daz Studio and of course nobody can tell you if it will work on face expression or morph. If I am wrong or missing something would be great to have your feedback. You can find many ways to export only few things but still your are missing something. Personally, if I can't get the face expression it's almost useless to have a Daz model playing few poses. A model that has a frozen face but the body is moving is something cheap or usefull for a videogame it's not something realistic. What do you think?