Wind generator?

jaebeajaebea Posts: 454
edited December 1969 in Carrara Discussion

I know in Vue, there is a global wind generator that can be turned on and it affects everything. Does Carrara have something like this? I saw the tree rustling video but what about plants? I had it in my mind to use Maple Meadows in a scene and would love to see the meadow plants moving a bit. Is this possible?

Comments

• Design AcrobatDesign Acrobat Posts: 459
    edited December 1969

• Directional Force: Propels an object in one or
    more directions.
    • Point Force: Draws an object or objects
    toward its center.
    • Damping Force: Dampens or counters the
    effect of another force.
    • Torque Force: Rotates an object or objects
    (like the blades of a fan)
    • Flow Force: Randomizes direction of one or
    more objects.

• 3DAGE3DAGE Posts: 3,311
    edited December 1969

Hi jaebea :)

As Design Acrobat pointed out,. Carrara has a bunch of different forces,.

The Flow force can produce interesting and semi-random forces, like a constantly changing wind.

the Direction forces operate in a fixed direction,. but you can animate the strength of any force, and animate the orientation of the force.

As for Plants and tree's,. those have animation and Wind controls inside the plant editor. (pic)

you can set the wind direction and strength,. you can animate the gravity for branches,. the leaf rustle, etc. and all of those settings will create key-frames in the sequencer which you can adjust, and / or,.. use different Tweeneing methods, to control the animation.

Tree_wind_options.jpg
    1280 x 1024 - 233K
  • 3DAGE3DAGE Posts: 3,311
    edited December 1969

had it in my mind to use Maple Meadows in a scene and would love to see the meadow plants moving a bit. Is this possible?

Yes it's possible but,. animating the plants depends on whether the plants are Carrara "plants",. or Vertex models,.

it's possible to animate Both,. but plants would obviously be easier to animate since they have easy to set options in the plant editor.

Vertex models would either need to be rigged with a couple of bones,. or, you could create some morphs, or use a modifier, such as (bend and twist),. then set some values to animate it.