Keymate - Jump to Selected

I'm not sure if Keymate is still under development, but I use it religiously. The largest hurdle for me is the constant "digging". I would like to have the option for it to expand or "jump" to whatever node I select. For example, If I select the left hand, the heirarchy of Keymate should expand all the way down to that hand. Instead, I currently have to manually expand the hieracrchy ... something like: G2Male>Hips>Abdomen1>Abdomen2>Left Clavicle>Left Should... etc... all the way down to the hands.

Thank you.

~angel

Comments

• wolf359wolf359 Posts: 3,820

Indeed I would love this feature as well!!
    also a ""reset view"option in graphmate would be nice
    for when your keygraphs get "lost" way out in the border lands
    and you cannot remember which direction to scroll to find them. angry

• Hello JigSaw73 and wolf359!

Did you find any solution to the KeyMate-issue?

• Try using the improved (with the infusion of KeyMate and GraphMate and further work) Timeline in the current Public Build https://www.daz3d.com/daz-studio-beta

• Try using the improved (with the infusion of KeyMate and GraphMate and further work) Timeline in the current Public Build https://www.daz3d.com/daz-studio-beta

Yes, the "Timeline" in the latest Daz Studio build (I'm using 4.12.0.86 Pro Edition) solved this issue. To expand on Richards reply, when you click on any body part, the timeline "digs" to that part in the hierarchy. I haven't used Keymate or Graphmate yet with this latest version of Daz Studio, but I don't know if they're obsolete yet. I will say that this latest version of the Timeline is greatly improved over older versions of Daz Studio and has made it MUCH more friendly to use for animation! I like it.

To be clear, I don't use any Beta versions, so the Timeline may have even more functionality in the current Beta build. I only use the full release versions of Daz Studio. Hope that helps. Thanks.

• Example of why I'm still (occasionally) using keymate:

I needed to add frames at the start of my animation. Grabbing all the keys in keymate and dragging them was how I did this in a few seconds*. I know I should be able to create an aniblock and drag that, but I've had issues with doing so (eg figure that had been rotated 90 degrees around y axis subsequently moved sideways instead of forwards).            *(After increasing total number of frames and range in the timeline)

Is there a better way to add frames into an animation?