Carrara Challenge #37 - Dungeons Deep - Winners Announced!

13»

Comments

• Bunyip02Bunyip02 Posts: 8,341

Congrats to the winners and a big well done to all who entered - very nice work !!!!!

• StezzaStezza Posts: 7,988

Congrats to the winners... don’t forget @jonstark my memorial render prize goes to John’s niece 

well I’ll done on your hosting .. top knotch :-)

• WendyLuvsCatzWendyLuvsCatz Posts: 38,037

awesome stuff here yesheart

• SileneUKSileneUK Posts: 1,970
    Stezza said:

Congrats to the winners... don’t forget @jonstark my memorial render prize goes to John’s niece 

Oh yes... that's wonderful!

Well done to all... am using some ideas already for my caves.  yesheart Silene

• PhilWPhilW Posts: 5,144

Congratulations to the winners, well deserved!  And we will be in safe hands with UB hosting the next challenge. 

• DiomedeDiomede Posts: 15,125

@Jonstark, the theme you picked and the supplemental images you posted (nice memory lane) really inspired some great entries.  Great job.

Congratulations winners, and well done to all the participants.  I learned a lot of options for making dark and dangerous places.  Thank you.

UB, look forward to your choices for the next challenge.

• DustRiderDustRider Posts: 2,716

Woot!! (Just checked in and had to celebrate blush .... I really didn't think I stood a chance to place in this one because there were so many outstanding entries )

Congrats to  UnifiedBrain, Stezza, Varsel, and Headwax!! All are fantastic entries (got to admit though, when I saw UB's."The Zen of a Warrior Princes" I thought "well, there's the winner" .... then I saw the entry from Headwax and thought "well. maybe this is the winner", then I looked at (put any other entry name here) and thought, "well that one could win too".

Congrats to everyone for entering too!!! I know for me, it really isn't easy to even come up with an idea for an entry, and then to be able to actually bring your idea to a point where you can make a final image is even more difficult!! Of course finding the time to do all that isn't easy either. So thanks and congratulations to all who entered, because that's what makes the challenges fun!! Plus, for me, I always learn a lot from making and image and reading the wip thread.

Also, thanks to Jonstark for hosting a great challenge ....... through the holidays even. Not an easy task when RL family and friends deserve a lot of attention too. Seeing all the images from previous challenges was really fun, I even saw one of mine that I had totally forgotten about. A great trip down memory lane, as well as a great challenge!

Also a big thanks to Stezza for the great tribute entry for WGDJohn, I hope his niece is able to get notice about it (and can claim his/her prize).

One last thing, I can't wait to see what UnifiedBrain comes up with for the next challenge. I'm sure it will be awesome and a lot of fun!!!!

• HeadwaxHeadwax Posts: 9,964
    edited January 2018

Ha ha :) what a great challenge, isnt the standard terrific?

Mind you it always was. But I think the diversity of styles is increasing and shows just what Carrara is capable of.

I think every artist at the end looked different to all the others.

I've noticed with other software that the render engines crank out the same type of image style over and over... (could just be me) 

Thanks so much Jonstark - you did an inspiring job!

I must admit I had trouble picking who to vote for.

and thank you for your generosity and MatCreator's and Daz's as well!

Looking forward to Ub's next challenge :) 

Post edited by Headwax on
  • DartanbeckDartanbeck Posts: 21,326

yes  Congrats!!! Great challenge hosting JonStark! Great entries everyone!!! Also great WIPs to browse!

• MarkIsSleepyMarkIsSleepy Posts: 1,496

Congrats to the winners. This was a great theme and I really liked all the various entries.laugh

Thanks for my prize Jonstark! That's very kind! 

• MistaraMistara Posts: 38,675

Congrats!! 

• UnifiedBrainUnifiedBrain Posts: 3,588
    head wax said:

nice work you both - here he is - companion to Mickey :)

love the dog - so cute !

thanks for sharing

I gotta ask, what did you use to get this outline effect, HW?  Looks very hand-done.

thanks UB :) for the outline I used toonPro! - with a bit of overdraw, a slightly thicker outline than normal and I ticked lines on shading domains edges and sleected a really small angle where the lines would appear - that gave those god bits around the ears and eyebrows for example

I then rendered out a separate garoud (???) pass and combined the tw in post by placing the outline in a layer above the garoud layer and using the multiply parameter (or the darker colour parameter)

• Thanks HW.  Much appreciated.  I still don't have ToonPro.  It has some nice extra features.

• DiomedeDiomede Posts: 15,125

Actually, I don't have Toon Pro either.  If I have ever labeled something Toon Pro III, I actually meant the native Carrara Toon Part! III.

Thanks HW.  Much appreciated.  I still don't have ToonPro.  It has some nice extra features.

pleasure , I think the native one has plenty of merit too. Not sure if you can get lines on shading domains with it?

Diomede said:

Actually, I don't have Toon Pro either.  If I have ever labeled something Toon Pro III, I actually meant the native Carrara Toon Part! III.

Ah I can nevere remember what they are called unless I google gah gah

• StezzaStezza Posts: 7,988

I noticed that I got ripped buying from that site though... they wanted to charge more than the exchange rate in AU$ so I bought it in US$ and was slugged a US tax but was still cheaper than buying in AU$'s by a fair bit.

and that happened with two seperate transactions for items I purchased.. sad

Stezza said:

I noticed that I got ripped buying from that site though... they wanted to charge more than the exchange rate in AU$ so I bought it in US$ and was slugged a US tax but was still cheaper than buying in AU$'s by a fair bit.

and that happened with two seperate transactions for items I purchased.. sad

thanks for the heads up - I'd like more plugins but the exchange rate is a killer