[Released] Expression Mixer

13»

Comments

• AllenArtAllenArt Posts: 7,142

Sounds like a wonderful product.  Can't wait until it is released.  Your "look at" product is such a help, I know this one will be as useful!

Thanks, I hope you will like this one.  Though Look at Me Pose Control is still my favorite smiley

Just wanted to say that Look At Me Pose Control is just about my favorite script :)

Laurie

• RiverSoft ArtRiverSoft Art Posts: 6,372
    AllenArt said:

Sounds like a wonderful product.  Can't wait until it is released.  Your "look at" product is such a help, I know this one will be as useful!

Thanks, I hope you will like this one.  Though Look at Me Pose Control is still my favorite smiley

Just wanted to say that Look At Me Pose Control is just about my favorite script :)

Laurie

laugh Glad you like it as much as I do.

• TooncesToonces Posts: 919

Yes, 'Look at Me' is my fav too. It's pretty much the reason I wishlisted much of RS store...in hopes that maybe there's some other gem I'm missing. Something I didn't know I needed until I used it.

Toonces said:

Yes, 'Look at Me' is my fav too. It's pretty much the reason I wishlisted much of RS store...in hopes that maybe there's some other gem I'm missing. Something I didn't know I needed until I used it.

Thank you very much!  I wish I could come up with something that needed everyday smiley

BTW, a few days ago, the update for Expression Mixer with the following fixes went live:

- Fix filter code to load before the drop-downs are made on startup
                  - Filters on LABEL instead of NAME

• dreamfarmerdreamfarmer Posts: 2,128

I just sprang for this despite very little initial interest (I dialspin a lot of my expressions), and I did it because of your AMAZING support making me take a second and a third look at it.

I just sprang for this despite very little initial interest (I dialspin a lot of my expressions), and I did it because of your AMAZING support making me take a second and a third look at it.

Well, thank you.  I try hard... it is nice when people notice smiley  

Now that you have tried it, what do you think?

• dreamfarmerdreamfarmer Posts: 2,128

Let me get back to you after this weekend trip. 

• barbultbarbult Posts: 23,203

You won't regret it. It is a lot of fun. Be sure to look for the instruction manual in the ReadMe's folder. It is helpful to understand the interface and options when you first start out with it.

• TooncesToonces Posts: 919

The latest fixes work great!

barbult said:

You won't regret it. It is a lot of fun. Be sure to look for the instruction manual in the ReadMe's folder. It is helpful to understand the interface and options when you first start out with it.

smiley  

Toonces said:

The latest fixes work great!

Good to hear!  

I just dropped in to say that this continues to be one of my favorite and most used purchases, along with Look at Me. I'm sure I've saved $$$ not buying expression sets any more. I just love this product!

• barbult said:

I just dropped in to say that this continues to be one of my favorite and most used purchases, along with Look at Me. I'm sure I've saved $$$ not buying expression sets any more. I just love this product!

Thanks Barbult!  I know I don't buy expressions anymore unless it is part of a pro package.  Do you use it to make a lot of expressions or only use it when you need an expression?

I too only buy new expressions in pro bundles. I just make expressions on the fly as I need one. I've only saved a couple. It's just too much fun to make new ones!
  • barbult said:
    I too only buy new expressions in pro bundles. I just make expressions on the fly as I need one. I've only saved a couple. It's just too much fun to make new ones!

laugh  I was curious.  It makes sense, because then the expression you create is perfect for THAT character, which most expressions won't be.

• The expressions that are created, how can they appear in the PARAMETERS tab?, since I am thinking of buying this product to create new MORPHS, which daz recognizes as morphs

The expressions that are created, how can they appear in the PARAMETERS tab?, since I am thinking of buying this product to create new MORPHS, which daz recognizes as morphs

They will appear as percentages of the expressions that you mixed. That could be a lot of entries, because some of the expressions you chose to mix might be combinations of other dials already. Keep in mind that you can't legally combine someone else's morphs into a single morph and sell it as your own. 

• ChrisSerketChrisSerket Posts: 202
    edited August 2020

It was not to sell them but to import it into blender using the diffmorph plugin (or something like that I think it's called xD).
    Or import it using fbx format

Post edited by ChrisSerket on
    barbult said:

The expressions that are created, how can they appear in the PARAMETERS tab?, since I am thinking of buying this product to create new MORPHS, which daz recognizes as morphs

They will appear as percentages of the expressions that you mixed. That could be a lot of entries, because some of the expressions you chose to mix might be combinations of other dials already. Keep in mind that you can't legally combine someone else's morphs into a single morph and sell it as your own. 

Thanks @barbult!  What she said.  laugh  They set existing parameters' percentages.

• I don't quite understand what they are used for (I am using google translator to understand them, and sometimes it translates things wrong).
    Could you please explain to me the step by step to transform something done with this fantastic tool into a spawn morph?

I don't quite understand what they are used for (I am using google translator to understand them, and sometimes it translates things wrong).
    Could you please explain to me the step by step to transform something done with this fantastic tool into a spawn morph?

I don't really do this so I am not sure.  I googled this procedure.  https://www.daz3d.com/forums/discussion/comment/590779/#Comment_590779

You can use ERC freeze to create a master property that will set all of the others, if you wish, but it may be simpler just to save a Pose preset for each - having a property is mainly useful if you are wanting to use variable amounts for the expression.

Set your compound expression, with everything else zeroed.

Put the Parameters pane in edit mode (Parameters pane option menu, or right-click in the Parameters area)

Right-click in the Parameters list (or in Property Hierarchy pane) and launch ERC Freeze.

At upper-right click Create New. Give it a name and label, click the drop-down button next to Path to pick the base location and then edit to add a new sub-folder if desired. Make any other changes (you may want different limits) and click Accept.

In Freeze properties check that all and only the morphs you want are checked.

Click Accept.

Your figure should appear unchanged, but now only the new property is set. Save as a morph asset if you want to make it available for all instances of the figure.

• I understand, thank you very much for the detailed explanation.
    Regards.

• HylasHylas Posts: 4,795
    edited November 2022

Hey RiverSoftArt! I bought Expression Mixer recently and I'm still figuring it out.

One question I have, not all expressions I own are listed when I start the script. I see the standard DAZ expressions as well as most PA expressions, such as My Rules by JWolf. But some expressions are missing, such as the ones that come with Davac and Wufei. They have sliders and are not just one-click, so I feel they should be visible to Expression Mixer?

Also, I saved a bunch of self-dialed expressions as sliders, using pretty much the method you describe above. All my self-made expressions are also not visible to Expression Mixer.

Do you know what might be going on here? Thank you!

Post edited by Hylas on
  • Hylas said:

Hey RiverSoftArt! I bought Expression Mixer recently and I'm still figuring it out.

One question I have, not all expressions I own are listed when I start the script. I see the standard DAZ expressions as well as most PA expressions, such as My Rules by JWolf. But some expressions are missing, such as the ones that come with Davac and Wufei. They have sliders and are not just one-click, so I feel they should be visible to Expression Mixer?

Also, I saved a bunch of self-dialed expressions as sliders, using pretty much the method you describe above. All my self-made expressions are also not visible to Expression Mixer.

Do you knoy what might be going on here? Thank you!

Not sure.  I will have to investigate.  Can you post the log?  And what is the name and label for one of the expressions that does not show up?

edited November 2022

Thanks for answering! Here's the log for tonight:

- opened DAZ Studio
    - loaded G8M
    - put the expression "Angry 1" slider to max
    - put the "Angry 1" slider back to zero
    - started Expression Mixer
    -
    closed Expression Mixer

"Angry 1" (along with all Davac expressions) seem invisible to Expression Mixer.

txt
    txt
    log01.txt
    01.png
    1720 x 867 - 423K
    02.png
    1705 x 1064 - 244K
    03.png
    331 x 510 - 38K
    Post edited by Hylas on
  • Hylas said:

Thanks for answering! Here's the log for tonight:

- opened DAZ Studio
    - loaded G8M
    - put the expression "Angry 1" slider to max
    - put the "Angry 1" slider back to zero
    - started Expression Mixer
    -
    closed Expression Mixer

"Angry 1" (along with all Davac expressions) seem invisible to Expression Mixer.

The issue seems to be that there are no aliases for the expressions that make the expressions appear in searches for the head node.

Thanks for investigating!

Perhaps I'll look into creating those aliases. But even if can't or don't want to do that, I've played around with Expression Mixer a bit and I'm finding it really useful. Definitely a keeper!

• Hylas said:

Thanks for investigating!

Perhaps I'll look into creating those aliases. But even if can't or don't want to do that, I've played around with Expression Mixer a bit and I'm finding it really useful. Definitely a keeper!

I am glad you like it!  And I will definitely be investigating the issue.