ArchiTools Stairs?

Hi everybody! Please someone tell me how can i make stairs with ArchiTools. I set the "insert stairs" but nothing happens. 

Comments

• DUDUDUDU Posts: 1,945

Sorry, I cannot answer to your question. I tried Architools but I prefer this one (free): https://sourceforge.net/projects/sweethome3d/?source=top3_dlp_t5

• JonstarkJonstark Posts: 2,738
    edited January 2018

Just going from memory off the top of my head, but inserting anything into the walls/floor of your architools house only inserts a hole.  You then select that element and link it to an .obj of whatever it is you want put into the hole.  Stairs work the same way as windows in this respect, and even after setting it the way you want you still will only see a hole in the modeling room, it's only in the assembly and render that you'll see the door or window or whatever you set.

So you have to have a preset 'stairs' object that you put into the scene, then you insert the hole into the floor where the stairs will go, then you select that 'hole' you just made and link it to the stairs object you put into the scene in the assembly room.  You can adjust the size/scale of the stairs object in the Architools modelling room so that it all fits right and if you jump back in the assembly room and/or hit a quick render of the area you'll then see your stairs in the right place.  The inagoni site has some pre-made stairs objects you can use, or you can make your own too, because it will use any object you choose.  I haven't done a lot with stairs myself as my own Architools houses I have made so far were for external viewing in outdoors renders, but I use doors and windows a lot and the Architools pre-made ones are fine, but many times I find myself whipping up my own windows in the vertex modeling room too.

Post edited by Jonstark on
  • PhilWPhilW Posts: 5,144

Yes I think that Architools only actually inserts a hole where the stairs are to go. However they did make a whole load of models available of window, doors, stairs etc that could be added and they can still be found here:

http://www.inagoni.com/?page_id=845