Genesis products

2»

Comments

• SileneUKSileneUK Posts: 1,970

Barrie.... That is SO FREAKIN' AMAZING!   And I love Andre Rieu!   heart Silene

• DUDUDUDU Posts: 1,945
    SileneUK said:

He lives at 5 kms from my home, a castle in Belgium just at the border with the Netherland!

I saw him in a pizzeria three weeks ago.

DUDU said:
    SileneUK said:

He lives at 5 kms from my home, a castle in Belgium just at the border with the Netherland!

I saw him in a pizzeria three weeks ago.

You have a castle in Belgium,, Dudu?  wink heart Silene

• MistaraMistara Posts: 38,675

those ringo skins are helpful smiley  just have to be careful it includes the eyeshaders

https://www.daz3d.com/ringomonfort#

this a lovely skin shader comes with hdri
    https://www.daz3d.com/carraracters-delphinia

• DartanbeckDartanbeck Posts: 21,326

Very, Very Cool!!! yes

What I meant by building shaders is I was wondering if you loaded, say, the Carrara shader presets for V4, or if you did something more like this

barrieM said:

On my biggest paintings (20x18 inches) it takes 6 or 7 days to complete the blobs. Regular oil paint didn't work because it dried too quickly and it was too thin. I make the paints with safflower oil which is slower drying than traditional linseed oil and Canada Balsam which is a heavy body resin. I then adjust the rheology with fumed silica. The result is a putty like paint that flows through the syringe but doesn't spread on the canvas. The resulting blobs remain soft for one to two weeks giving me time to do the pallete knife work. Glazing is done with the same medium as the paint after the blobs are touch dry. You can see the textures in the attached 7" X 9" practice pieces.  

These are Amazing! I love your machine!

Yes, I do love painting by hand, but this opens up a whole new realm of making traditional paintings using things like Carrara!

You should consider posting about this machine (and especially these pictures!) in Head Wax's NPR thread!!! yes

Just amazing!

• cobuspcobusp Posts: 303

Genesis 8 was a jump from Gensis 3 to make it match Genesis 8/Victoria 8, there are no Genesis 4/5/6 or 7, people got confused with G3/V7 relationship.

thank you very much for the clarification. I'm not around constantly, so when I saw G8 on the site recently I wondered how I could have lagged behind with so much new stuff? Daz sometimes has a way of making things look xtra confusing: why, for instance, jump from Genesis 3 straight to 8? What happened in-between?

• TangoAlphaTangoAlpha Posts: 4,584

It was done to avoid preventable confusion. Just imagine the store problems and associated badwill from people buying V4 / M4 stuff thinking it worked with Genesis 4 . . .

• WendyLuvsCatzWendyLuvsCatz Posts: 38,037

a painting machine would be very popular with people wanting family portraits I imagine 

as it could use digital photographs  and the shops charge a fortune for just canvas prints and people buy them

this is something you should patent and spruik to an investor

th3Digit said:

a painting machine would be very popular with people wanting family portraits I imagine 

as it could use digital photographs  and the shops charge a fortune for just canvas prints and people buy them

this is something you should patent and spruik to an investor

Very true!  Barrie needs a website, a production line...for the machine and/or services... and could be off and running with this! smiley Silene