Commercial: Carrara Skin Shaders For David 5

ringo monfortringo monfort Posts: 945
edited December 1969 in Carrara Discussion

Carrara Shaders For David 5 comes with four stunning skin shaders. This product takes advantage of Carrara's most advanced shader features to create natural and photorealistic looking skin shaders. Add a striking look to your renders with Carrara Shaders For David 5.

http://www.daz3d.com/new-releases/carrara-skin-shaders-for-david-5

$10.47
$14.95 SAVE 30%

Ringo Monfort

popup_02.jpg
500 x 650 - 187K
popup_01.jpg
500 x 650 - 182K
main.jpg
500 x 650 - 241K

Comments

• ringo monfortringo monfort Posts: 945
    edited December 1969

Close up image.

DAVID_5_FINAL_5.jpg
    800 x 916 - 358K
  • Steve KSteve K Posts: 3,226
    edited December 1969

OK, I've been avoiding all Genesis products since I use Carrara almost exclusively, and I understand those products require the (two year old) beta version of Carrara 8.5. So ...

Can I get David 5 into (production) Carrara 8.1?

Does the DSON importer create a normal Poser runtime that I can link to in Carrara's 8.1 browser?

Is there any (recent) mention of a production release of Carrara 8.5? Or 9? or ...

• 3DAGE3DAGE Posts: 3,311
    edited May 2013

HI Steve K

Only the beta of Carrara 8.5 can load and use genesis technology including Auto-fit,.. (the latest beta release was a couple of weeks ago)

The DSON Importer "for Poser",. will only work in Poser 9 and 2012,.. so, you cannot transfer scenes with genesis, to an older Poser version, or to any other application which doesn't have the DSON importer for Poser.

Does the DSON importer create a normal Poser runtime that I can link to in Carrara’s 8.1 browser?

No,. The DSON importer, doesn't create a "runtime" at all,.. it's an Importer plugin for Poser which allows Poser9 and 2012 users to load, and work with Genesis figures and content.

The imported DSON stuff can be saved into your normal Poser runtime folders, Figures / Poses etc, but the Maps and Data for the figure will be referenced from DS, and loaded by the importer plugin when required.

Carrara 8.5 has the ability to load Genesis directly from the "smart content" Browser,. and doesn't need the DSON importer,
    it also wont load scenes from Poser, which include Genesis, loaded (using the DSON Importer)

Carrara 8.1 has no ability to load and use genesis.

Part of the reason for the length of time which Carrara 8.5 has been in development is due to the fact that Daz Studio, and Genesis, and the DSON format, have either been in development,. or have been created and revised during the Carrara beta development period.
    so, the Genesis, DS, DSON, technology is linked in those applications,. and developing at the same time.

hope that makes sense :)

Post edited by 3DAGE on
  • araneldonaraneldon Posts: 712
    edited May 2013

Getting Genesis into any Carrara version prior to 8.5 is practically impossible, and the DSON Importer thingie probably doesn't help at all.

You can find info regarding the upcoming Carrara releases at Carrara Cafe. For whatever reason DAZ hasn't seen fit to post that information here.

Edit: Too late as usual.

Post edited by araneldon on
  • 3DAGE3DAGE Posts: 3,311
    edited December 1969

HI araneldon :)

You're never too late,. :)

edited December 1969

The latest Carrara 8.5 beta is very solid and Genesis works in it. I recommend downloading it.

Ringo Monfort

edited December 1969

The latest Carrara 8.5 beta is very solid and Genesis works in it. I recommend downloading it.

Ringo Monfort

Thanks to all for the prompt responses. I guess I'm not surprised, just disappointed at the lack of Carrara support. The serial code for the beta version of Carrara 8.5 in my Product Library expires in less than a month. Does that mean it stops working then? I suppose DAZ has been extending it for the past couple of years, but its a little discouraging to ask users to get very committed to something with an uncertain future. :ohh:

• evilproducerevilproducer Posts: 9,050
    edited December 1969

According to what DAZ has said, the 8.5 Beta will be released as a production build around the end of summer, with C9 supposedly coming at some point in 2014.

edited December 1969

According to what DAZ has said, the 8.5 Beta will be released as a production build around the end of summer, with C9 supposedly coming at some point in 2014.

OK, that's encouraging. I guess. Still kind of a "wait & see" situation, as far as buying Genesis content ...

• evilproducerevilproducer Posts: 9,050
    edited December 1969

Yeah. Even if I did have C8 Pro (I'm on C7 Pro) I probably wouldn't piss around with the Beta. Not a big fan of Beta software. Let somebody else potentially FUBAR their system. I have nothing against being an early adopter as I've used plenty of 1.0 software, but it's a production build and I always check to see what the known issues are ahead of time.

• DartanbeckDartanbeck Posts: 21,326
    edited December 1969

Yeah. Even if I did have C8 Pro (I'm on C7 Pro) I probably wouldn't piss around with the Beta. Not a big fan of Beta software.
    Well, until you tried it! lol!!!
    Love beta 8.5 on my end! :)
    It pains me to use anything else! (Not true. But I enjoy the beta more than any other version of Carrara - period)

Genesis performs very nicely, and as you can see... Ringo has a particular talent for making that skin look like skin!
    Also, Hat's off to the artist(s) who have created David 5! I really enjoy what the pack brings to the table for Genesis.

edited December 1969

Here is another sample of David 5 in Carrara.

DAVID_5_SHADER_SAMPLE.jpg
    952 x 1999 - 353K
  • Jay_NOLAJay_NOLA Posts: 1,145
    edited December 1969

Bought it as soon it was released, even though I'm not using 8.5 till it comes out of beta. Figured I'd best grab it while it was on sale.

Hope to see V5 & M5 shaders next and the other Gen 5 characters get shaders.

Also, wouldn't mind seeing Carrara specific shaders for Aiko 3 & Hiro 3. A3 is the figure I use the most.

edited December 1969

This is a new render of David 5 in Carrara 8.5

Ringo Monfort

DAVID_5_FINAL_12.jpg
    800 x 1199 - 218K
  • DartanbeckDartanbeck Posts: 21,326
    edited December 1969

Looks like a great set. The realism in those renders really hits the mark. Especially the previous one without that strange shirt - it helps illustrate the way that light interacts with the textures. Very well done. I'm a bit quiet in my purchases of late - but just know that I'll be owning your complete collection. I've become a fan - so there's no stopping me now. Thanks for this, Sir Ringo of House: Monfort!

Like Jay, I'll just buy the lot - so just stay busy and keep us in new shaders!

edited December 1969

This is a new render of David 5 in Carrara 8.5

Ringo Monfort

I'm very glad you like the shaders.
    Thank you very much for the kind words.
    I'll be working on some new sets soon.

Best Regards

Ringo Monfort

edited December 1969

This one shows David 5 and Aiko 5 Carrara Skin Shaders.

Aiko_5_David_5_Skin_shader.jpg
    800 x 1199 - 385K