A new dog

I have the millenium dog. Haven't used in years, tried using today but had to mouth movement. I tried to lift up the front paw like for shaking hands. Had trouble doing that. You think someone would come with a better dog.

Comments

• Sfariah DSfariah D Posts: 26,116

I think a new puppy is needed too.  I hope a new dog can be turned into a puppy.  Puppies are cute but not sure about the puppy puddles.  I think adult dogs can even make puddles when excited (or when their whining for a walk is ignored too long)

• I would love to see more breeds represented (ex pharaoh hound, ibizan hound, more sighthounds). Maybe more morphs?

• DAZ_ann0314DAZ_ann0314 Posts: 2,844
    edited January 2018

I have the millenium dog. Haven't used in years, tried using today but had to mouth movement. I tried to lift up the front paw like for shaking hands. Had trouble doing that. You think someone would come with a better dog.

The millenium dog does do both those things (though I'd love to see a new doggie too so feel free to keep discussing that smiley) Can I ask what trouble you were having? Maybe we can help?

The mouth movement is a morph rather than a bone. If you are using DS they are under Shaping - Head - Open Mouth (There are a fair few mouth morphs there - Speak, Open, Howl, Smile etc.) As for posing the paw, there are preset poses (but not that specifically) but you can use like Sitting 01 or Sitting 02 to get you there and then from there I just used the rotation dials in DS on rForearm and rPastern to pose the paw.

Settings (these are what I used just to help get you started):

rForearm: Bend -116.20 and Twist -2.90
    rPastern: Bend - 76.96

Only other thing I did was convert to iRay, turned down the white in diffuse on all the surfaces except the cornea.

Hope this helps on the issue you were having. Now back to talk of a new doggie smileyheart

MilleniumDog_QuickTest.jpg
    1000 x 1300 - 330K
    Post edited by Cris Palomino on
  • Serene NightSerene Night Posts: 17,602

Since I've first came to DAZ store 4 years ago, there have been numerous requests for a dog or cat, and so far, none have come, although I've heard one is 'in the works' for years.

Is there any truth to this rumor?

At any rate, I think what really needs to happen is life-like posing and flexibility as well as flaws and little details to make dogs look less ideal. Not every dog is sleek or perfect, ands sometimes its a tuft of fur, a little bit of fat or a floppy ear which makes it more REAL- than the perfect pinnacle  of dog-hood. So for me: poses, a realisitc looking tongue, drool moist eyes, ears with fur inside, and fur around the paw would be interesting.

Also rather bored with the classic golden/german shepherd/dobie There are many dog breeds other than those

• Panzer EmeraldPanzer Emerald Posts: 727
    edited January 2018

Since I've first came to DAZ store 4 years ago, there have been numerous requests for a dog or cat, and so far, none have come, although I've heard one is 'in the works' for years.

At any rate, I think what really needs to happen is life-like posing and flexibility as well as flaws and little details to make dogs look less ideal. Not every dog is sleek or perfect, ands sometimes its a tuft of fur, a little bit of fat or a floppy ear which makes it more REAL- than the perfect pinnacle  of dog-hood. So for me: poses, a realisitc looking tongue, drool moist eyes, ears with fur inside, and fur around the paw would be interesting.

Also rather bored with the classic golden/german shepherd/dobie There are many dog breeds other than those

Pretty sad when years-long requests for a new dog figure are ignored in favor of more bikinis and high heels. :/  I'm surprised they haven't contracted Alessandro/AM to do a new Daz Dog 8 or something of the sorts at this point, too.

And yes, I'd love to see other breeds besides the Lab/Shepherd/Dobie. Toy breeds, please!

Post edited by Panzer Emerald on
  • LeanaLeana Posts: 11,388

From what I read in other threads Alessandro does have plans for new cats and dogs, but they're probably one project among many others.

In the mean time HW3D new dog base has just been released (I know, another Labrador), and they have several breeds in the work including small ones.

• Finlaena said:

Pretty sad when years-long requests for a new dog figure are ignored in favor of more bikinis and high heels. :/  I'm surprised they haven't contracted Alessandro/AM to do a new Daz Dog 8 or something of the sorts at this point, too.

And yes, I'd love to see other breeds besides the Lab/Shepherd/Dobie. Toy breeds, please!

There's not much overlap between clothing makers and animal makers.

• Serene NightSerene Night Posts: 17,602

Alessandro's priorities appear to be wild not domestic animals, unfortunately.

I suspect if the store really is going to come out with its own dog, then they need to buy or commission one to be made.

• Alessandro's priorities appear to be wild not domestic animals, unfortunately.

I suspect if the store really is going to come out with its own dog, then they need to buy or commission one to be made.

I think they tried the first option last year, and the latter is generally one option to get DO products anyway. The problem comes down to whether or not there is someone out there with the needed skills and the desire to sell exclusively through DAZ.