LACK OF PRECISION WHEN TRACING LINES

Edu_1Edu_1 Posts: 0
edited December 1969 in Hexagon Discussion

Please tell me what I'm missing:

Using Hexagon 2.5.
When I try to trace exactly a line following a model (for later extruding). the nodes of the line do not appear where the pointer of the mouse clicked, by in other random places at a corner of a mysterious rectangle that seems to have its own will.
In this situation, the Extrude function is unusable...

Also, there is the possibility of correcting the position of the nodes, and the curve itself, in a Bézier-like way? Yes, there is a "Bézier line", but (at least for me) without the precision of many other 3d softwares.

Thank you!

Comments

• TapiocaTundraTapiocaTundra Posts: 268
    edited December 1969

Edu_1
    Depending on what you are tracing, if you click on what looks like a little cube with a magnet in the bottom of the interface it will pop up and you will be able to set 5 kinds of snapping, point, 1/2 edge etc. then in conjunction with the shift key a cross will enable you to snap on to what suits.
    As for Bezier curves try using the Bezier curve tool but click and drag as you start to create it, instructions will appear at top of the screen that will give you more hints on how it works, tell me how you get on if you need more info, good luck.
    Also remember that the magnet and grid icon, also at the bottom of the interface is the grid snap and can be turned off as it will interfere with with curves somewhat, that is if you desire it :)

• Edu_1Edu_1 Posts: 0
    edited December 1969

Hello TapiocaTundra,

Thank you for your quick, kind reply: I see now that I must study more...
    I will try your suggestions, and in case will contact you again!

Eduardo