WIll we have to buy Carrara 8.5 if we own 8 Pro?

Brian BeaudryBrian Beaudry Posts: 0
edited December 1969 in Carrara Discussion

Just wondering if anyone knows if we will have to buy it or if its a upgrade for owners of 8 pro?
Im really loving 8.5 and I kind of need it now,lol

Brian

Comments

• evilproducerevilproducer Posts: 9,050
    edited May 2013

My crystal ball is cloudy, so all I can do is make some educated guesses- And that's all they are- Guesses!

My guess is that yes, you will have to pay to upgrade. My other guess is that it will be less expensive to upgrade than it will be to buy it outright. Another guess is that you'll have until around the end of summer to save your lucre to pay for it. That's as far as my guessing will go.

Post edited by evilproducer on
  • 3DAGE3DAGE Posts: 3,311
    edited December 1969

HI Promethias34 :)

Yes,. C8.5 will be a "paid for" upgrade,. but nobody has any firm idea on price, apart from a brief daz "hint" from some time ago, which talked of a "nominal fee" being charged for upgrading .

Daz3D also have a habit of creating sales or offers when any new product, or upgrade is released, and since it's in their own interest to encourage users to buy Carrara, and to use the new genesis content, ..
    It would make sense to keep the cost of doing that, as low as possible.

hope it helps :)

• Brian BeaudryBrian Beaudry Posts: 0
    edited December 1969

THankyou guys,

Just trying to figure it out cause i am liking it alot. SO going to save up for the upgrade.I do like the new features for sure