Genesis (Geometry Shell) presets for Snowsultan's Animeyes for A4 H4.

TheNathanParableTheNathanParable Posts: 984
edited September 2014 in Freebies

Hey guys. Here's a little something I originally made for myself, but am now sharing with you lot. These are a bunch of MAT poses for Snowsultan's Animeyes that make them easy to use with Genesis.

The key to using them is the Geometry Shell (Daz Studio 4.6 required). Instead of applying these MAT poses onto Genesis directly, you instead apply them onto a Geometry Shell with a small Mesh Offset (e.g 0.001). Think of it like an alternative to Victoria 4's Eyebrow area that Snowsultan originally used in his Animeyes pack, allowing us to use the Eyebrow textures on Genesis the way they were intended. This is extended into the Face Map MATs, which use LIE (Layered Image Editor) to automatically invert them into usable opacity maps. This means you can use them on top of any character/texture you want, regardless of the UV map being used.

In the below render, you can see Hitomi using both a Brow MAT and a Face Map MAT (Victoria 4 UV), applied onto two Geometry Shells, layered over Hitomi's default texture (Hitomi UV).

All of the MATs use UberSurface with Raytrace and Occlusion turned off, so you should be able to quickly and easily use these in any render. Combine it with my free Geometry Shell Outline (GSO) shader for more toon rendering goodness!

Be sure to read the included Read Me.

Click here to download Genesis (Geometry Shell) presets for Snowsultan's A4 Animeeyes.

Click here to buy Snowsultan's Animeyes for A4 H4. (REQUIRED)

GeoShellA4EyesPreview.jpg
800 x 800 - 134K
Post edited by TheNathanParable on

Comments

• TheNathanParableTheNathanParable Posts: 984
    edited December 1969

If you don't mind me asking, did anybody actually download this? Is it working alright?

• BlackFeather1973BlackFeather1973 Posts: 739
    edited December 1969

Totally missed this post the first time around, thanks for bumping it.

Just tried it, and i'm liking it. :-)
    Thanks for sharing.

animeyes_geoshell.jpg
    800 x 800 - 316K
  • TheNathanParableTheNathanParable Posts: 984
    edited December 1969

Good to know! :D

• KeryaKerya Posts: 10,943
    edited June 2013

Thank you very much for this! :)
    (I just have to wrap my mind around that geometry shell thingie ... LOL)

Post edited by Kerya on