Fitting Genesis outfits to Gen 4 characters using PP2014 Fitting Room?

ShaneWSmithShaneWSmith Posts: 636
edited December 1969 in Poser Discussion

Hi all early adopters of PP2014!

I'm on the fence about upgrading, because I really want to know if the Fitting Room will do what I hope it will. What I'm hoping is that, with the aid of the DSON plugin, I can finally fit my library of Genesis clothing to a M4 (or V4 or K4) figure.

Can someone who already has access to PP2014 verify whether this is possible, and if so, how easy it is please (3D software novice here!)

Thanks!

Comments

• SickleYieldSickleYield Posts: 7,629
    edited December 1969

As a Genesis vendor, I'm interested in that information as well.

• 3DLust3DLust Posts: 230
    edited December 1969

It hasn't worked for me so far - I tried loading the Flora Lace Dress and fitting to V4 - the fitting went fine, but after creating a new figure, the mesh is torn to bits. I'll try some other methods and see how it goes :)

edited December 1969

This time I exported the outfit from DS as obj and everything worked fine. I'll have to have a little more practice in the fitting room, but it seems like it works :)

• ShaneWSmithShaneWSmith Posts: 636
    edited December 1969

3DLust said:
    This time I exported the outfit from DS as obj and everything worked fine. I'll have to have a little more practice in the fitting room, but it seems like it works :)

That's awesome news. Thanks so much for investigating! :-)

• nobody1954nobody1954 Posts: 933
    edited December 1969

Thanks. I had heard you needed the DSON importer. Since I have some older, non DSON, this is good news indeed.

edited December 1969

In the fitting room you have the option to create a figure, when you do this, it also gives to the chance to transfer morphs from V4 and auto group the model. After this step, just a little editing of the weight map is needed (at least in the test run I did), and you have a figure that is all ready to conform :)

• nobody1954nobody1954 Posts: 933
    edited December 1969

Ooooh!!! Two weeks before I can buy Poser Pro 2014. I'm thinking I just might be able to use Age of Armor's surgical gear on Poser characters after all. Thank you.

• estheresther Posts: 608
    edited December 1969

haven't tried this yet, but try importing the clothes withDSON and then using poser skinning on the clothes and save as Cr2 andtheen try the fittingroom. You might have to turn off the dson importer by temporarily deleting it or something.