DSON Importer for Poser Pro 11

I need some help as I cannot get the DSON Importer for Poser Pro 11 (64bit) installed through the DAZ Install Manager.

I have set the Poser installation path on the DIM correctly but keep getting an installation fail with the following error:

"Install Manager cannot find a required path. The package for "DSON Importer for Poser (Win 64-bit)" requires that the installed path for "Poser Pro 2014, Pro 2012 (64-bit)" be defined. Make sure that a path for this application is present on the "Applications" page of the "Settings" dialog, then try again."

I have check the poser install paths multiple times to be correct.

What else can I do.

My Poser version is 11.1.0.34764

Comments

• Lie - edit the application details in DIM for Poser Pro 11 to be Poser Pro 2014.

• Lie - edit the application details in DIM for Poser Pro 11 to be Poser Pro 2014.

@Richard Haseltine thanks it worked ;)

• SoneSone Posts: 84

Thanks Richard! I couldn't figure it out with my Poser 11 installation. Installed and works good now!

• wu_shing7wu_shing7 Posts: 8

I tried calling Poser 11 directory Poser Pro 2014 and it didn't work, how exactly should I be lying?

• Richard HaseltineRichard Haseltine Posts: 96,191

I tried calling Poser 11 directory Poser Pro 2014 and it didn't work, how exactly should I be lying?

Did you change the diectory name or select Poser Pro 2014 as the application name when setting the application details in Install Manager? It's the latter that was meant.

Did you change the diectory name or select Poser Pro 2014 as the application name when setting the application details in Install Manager? It's the latter that was meant.

I am not sure where to change the directory name, I thought that I did go for PP2014, I'll check it again.  Thanks for your time and trouble!

Ok, I had to go into another part of the settings and it worked!  Thank you very much!

• onceuponastageonceuponastage Posts: 2
    edited October 2018

FINALLY got the DSON script to install to the proper Poser 11 directory thanks to these discussions! Now when I go to load a Gen 2/3 figure, no figure in preview/document window, but shows up in hiearchy??? Could this have something to do with where the content originates? Should I move the Daz3D Library items into my Poser runtime?

Current running High Sierra (Mac OSX 10.13.6) on 2017 iMac 4K

Post edited by onceuponastage on
  • That usually means the DSON Core files are either not installed or are are not in a Poser library folder

• Thanks Richard. I'm deep-diving into the DSON User Guide and granted it's mainly for Windows, I'm follwing the directions regarding the Gen 2/3 Essentials and their corresponding Runtime locations which I'm placing into my main Poser 11 Runtime directory. My question: do I need to also move/copy the corresponding "data" and "People" folders?

• The Data folder needs to be in a folder set as a library folder in Poser. Note that Genesis 3 (and 8) are not supported in Poser and don't come with PoserCF files; there are utilities to help you get a slightly downgraded version of the figures into Poser.

• I'm having the same trouble with DIM and maybe I just have the installation folders setup wrong.  I also have a Poser Pro 11 on a Mac (Mojave) and here's a snapshot of my installation folders in DIM.  Have I got it all wrong, or what?

Screen Shot 2018-12-18 at 5.43.09 PM.png
    1138 x 1050 - 117K
  • replied to your other post.

• Thanks Richard!   I finally got DSON to install into my Poser Pro 11.  Now, since I'm having the same problems OnceUponaStage had, I'll work on moving some files around.  *Sigh!*

• yeideyeide Posts: 21

You probably need to go to DIM and install the Poser CF files for your DSON products. You would have had no reason to do that when you initially installed it in DS.

• johranshadijohranshadi Posts: 134

Having a similar problem here. The path correctly set to poser 11 but still getting the same error message. 

Screen Shot 2019-06-20 at 19.51.19.png
    1380 x 1334 - 137K
  • Have you tried telling it the application is Poser 2014?

Thanks Richard. Yes, I figured it out. It's installed now but can't for the life of me find the main file to run it. It just installed a bunch of system and obj files. 

Which one of those files should I use to run the script? 

Screen Shot 2019-06-20 at 20.57.23.png
    1224 x 1268 - 148K
  • None, those make the tools available; the PoserCF (companion file) calls a small Python script which tells the importer to load the content (or you can use dimension3D's Python script which makes it act more like an importer, using a file browser to select the .duf file and telling the DSON Importer library to load it - however, you don't get any native Poser materials with that as you may with a PoserCF).

I see! Thanks, I did find the Python script in poser, but when I use it to load Genesis, and although it says it's loaded and shows in the Poser menu, I can't see Genesis anywhere in the scene. Would you know what causes this? 

Screen Shot 2019-06-20 at 21.34.32.png
    2784 x 1682 - 814K
  • Do you have the DSON core files installed in a Poser Runtime (that is, in a folder Poser has been pointed to - most of the files won't literally be in the Runtime) as well as the PoserCFs - the PoserCFs are just a set of library files for Poser, it doesn't include the mdoels or textures.

That is where I set the destination in DIM; Applications-Poser 11, and that is where Poser is installed. But when I go to the file location on my window finder I don't see any DSON files installed there.  

Screen Shot 2019-06-20 at 23.51.37.png
    1824 x 1024 - 179K

I figured it out. I didn't add Daz runtime to Poser library. But last two questions: is it normal that Genesis loads without the option to add IK? And how can I open Poser scene in Daz. Thanks a lot for taking the time to respond Richard. 

• Yes, to the IK I think. Poser scenes should open via File>Import, or through the Content Library pane>Poser Formats if they are saved to a library in a mapped directory (one that DS uses as a Poser format content directory).

• WandWWandW Posts: 2,771

The Importer does not add IK.  I wrote a pose that adds arm and leg IK chains to Genesis 1 and 2 in Poser; grab it free here...

https://www.sharecg.com/v/67133/view/11/Poser/Inverse-Kinematics-for-DAZ-Genesis-in-Poser

• For Richard Haseltine,

Hi Richard,

although the trick telling DAZ3DIM that PP11 is Poser 2014 works for installing DSON, running DSON on Catalina (rather than Mojave, or earlier Mac OS versions) doesn't work as Catalina in its infinite wisdom doesn't allow the same kind of directory access.

DSON needs redoing for it to work on Catalina imho

Cheers

• Quinlan said:

For Richard Haseltine,

Hi Richard,

although the trick telling DAZ3DIM that PP11 is Poser 2014 works for installing DSON, running DSON on Catalina (rather than Mojave, or earlier Mac OS versions) doesn't work as Catalina in its infinite wisdom doesn't allow the same kind of directory access.

DSON needs redoing for it to work on Catalina imho

Cheers

I expect Daz is aware of this, but it would be ebst to open a Technical Support ticket just n case they aren't. https://www.daz3d.com/help/help-contact-us

• Hi Richard,

Many thanks for the kind reply.

I had already opened up a ticket by the time I found this helpful thread, but no response as of the time of writing :)

Maybe it's low priority given it's for Poser on a Mac using Catalina — most likely those of us in that situation are in the fringe market percentile...

Many thanks

• QA is, I believe, sammed due to the PC, and before that PA, sales so it does seem tickets are taking a bit longer to answer than usual.