Help installing skies of economy for Carrara

KharmaKharma Posts: 3,214
edited May 2013 in Carrara Discussion

I have installed the carrara files to my carrara folder with the /dim but now how doI make them show up in carrara so I can try them out? thanks

EDIT: this is Dimension Theorys Skies of economy from DAZ

Post edited by Kharma on

Comments

• 3DAGE3DAGE Posts: 3,311
    edited December 1969

HI Kharma :)

Carrara doesn't automatically add folders to your browser,. so unless the product installs into folders which are already displayed in the browser,. you'll need to add those new folders yourself.

There should be instructions in the readme file,. (available by clicking on the little icon at the right of any installed product in DIM)
    Or,. you can use Dim to see where the files are located on your system,. by using the Right click menu,.
    Right click on any installed product in DIM, and choose "installed files".. that will give you a list of the files and their locations.

add_folders.jpg
    424 x 329 - 24K
  • KharmaKharma Posts: 3,214
    edited May 2013

thanks 3Dage, I did see lights showed up by themselves, I finally figured out how to get backgrounds, but I have no idea where to put presetrs: render settings...do I make anew folder somehow for render settings?

You can find new icons for loading this product in the following Carrara Folders:

“Presets:Backgrounds:DimensionTheory:SkiesOfEconomy”

“Presets:Rendering:DimensionTheory:SkiesOfEconomy”

“Scenes:Lights:DimensionTheory:SkiesOfEconomy”

this is all it says in the read me file...it doesn't tell u how to get the files into carrara...just where to find them which I did

Post edited by Kharma on
    edited December 1969

Still cannot find these files in carrara, if anyone could help...I even PM'd Dimension theory but no answer as of yet

• 3DAGE3DAGE Posts: 3,311
    edited December 1969

HI Kharma :)

Try this,. Go to the rendering room,. click on the Presets icon, at the top right of the rendering panel , there should be three little icons there to shoe presets, or load, or save your own presets.

I don't think that "Rendering presets" would show up in the browser,. since they can't be added to a scene from there.

Hope it helps :)

edited December 1969

Thanks 3Dage...I will try that as soon asI get my computer fired up...at work right now. So many details to learn about how and why stuff works or doesn't work...:)

edited December 1969

@3DAge....thank you the render settings did show up there :)