Shopping Interface Improvement

poorman_65poorman_65 Posts: 140
edited January 2018 in Product Suggestions

I often am looking at a sale list and nothing is G8 compatible. It would be nice if we could choose to see only non-character stuff like rooms, furniture and other stuff like that. Right now I have to page through a bunch of pages that have nothing on them that is useful for me.

For example, right now there is a BOGO where if you buy a new release product you get a Original Legacy item for free. The problem is that I will never take the time to browse through 45 pages of stuff that I have no interest in. I would probably purchase several new items if I could find free items that I could use.

The same problem happens with my Platinum Club subscription. It is tough to search through when I can't elimate all the stuff that is useless to me.

This costs DAZ in the loss of sales. I have 4 items in my cart right now but I give up on surfing to find the legacy items to pair with them. ... So I am emptying my cart.

Post edited by poorman_65 on

Comments

• Griffin AvidGriffin Avid Posts: 3,758

I do think there's a way to use filters to eliminate certain items. Someone will be here shortly to show you that.

Overall, what works for me is to use ATIs browser add-on and also to use Wish List Only.

Whenever I see an item I remotely like or could find useful, I wish List it.

Then, when Daz does these deals and groupings, I always cut it down to Wish List Only and see what items I already showed interest in.

If the list is too small, then I'll trawl through and scroll - using the list ALL items on one page.

• frankrblowfrankrblow Posts: 2,052
    edited January 2018

On the shop page, under the Daz3D logo (Black background bar) there is a bluish bar; click on the words "People and wearables" and then select the character you want.

Post edited by frankrblow on
  • poorman_65poorman_65 Posts: 140
    edited January 2018

That is not an option in this situation. I am starting by clicking a Banner add at the top of the page, such as the current one shown below. Once I do that I can select the G8 Figures option and it will filter out irrelevant content. However, when I click on the "Here" link to go to the "Legacy Daz Originals", there is no option to select any G8 Figures. Therefore I cannot eliminate all of the Figures. I can't even choose an option to show only non-Figure assets. The best I can do is to select arbitrary Figures until I find one that provides the shortest list. That is just a hack and still shows irrelevant stuff.

Buy any of the featured 2017-2018 new release:

Get 1 Free featured legacy Daz Original

When I am on the "Legacy Daz Originals" page it is what you see in the attached page. Note that the Figures list does not contain any G8 Figures. So, there is no way to eliminate the rest of the list. 

We should have a way to elimininate the Figures we don't want to see. It would be even better if we could configure in our accounts which Figure generations we were interested in. We need to have a way to Filter out all of the irrelevent contents.

What happens is that we end up paging through all this stuff. If we were able to properly Filter, then we could find stuff to purchase more quickly. If we could do it at the Account level, then you could also tailor the Advertisements to things that we would more likely purchase.

Shopping Issue.png
    1202 x 758 - 898K
    Post edited by poorman_65 on
  • The items are legacy - that is, pre-Genesis 8 by some margin.

• InkuboInkubo Posts: 744

The only reason G8 doesn't show up as a possibility among those filter checkboxes is that the page's item list already doesn't contain any G8 items.

But it sounds like you would like the Figure filter drop-down to include a checkbox for "No figure" which would cull figures, hair, clothing, pose sets, and related textures from the item list. I'm sure it could be done, but it would probably require DAZ to work on their database a bit in order to have the proper fields to query...

• IsaacNewtonIsaacNewton Posts: 1,300
    edited January 2018

I usually find that searching for an item on Google is much quicker than using the DAZ3d Shop search engine. Just include the Search term DAZ3d and any other search terms you want. I would rather that DAZ upgrade their search engine but I've been asking for that for quite a long time.

Post edited by IsaacNewton on
  • FeralFeyFeralFey Posts: 3,923

I would rather that DAZ upgrade their search engine but I've been asking for that for quite a long time.

Most of the PAs have also been asking/begging for this for a long time now. Trying to search the store is a maddening experience. 

• IsaacNewtonIsaacNewton Posts: 1,300
    FeralFey said:

I would rather that DAZ upgrade their search engine but I've been asking for that for quite a long time.

Most of the PAs have also been asking/begging for this for a long time now. Trying to search the store is a maddening experience. 

Odd, isn't it? I would have thought that making it easier to find what you are looking for (or something close enough) would be in DAZ's advantage as people would be more likely to enjoy the "shopping experience" and so spend money. On the otherhand, I'm no marketing expert cheeky

• Here is what I do when I  see something I am thinking about. In the favorite folders, you know the one where you store your You Tube file and such. Just mark them (blue star) and when you make up your mind, go back to your favorite and look them up.

• I agree. One of the most exhausting experiences with Daz3d they seldom call things by the name.

It would be so relaxing if one could find things by simply typing the name.