Mimic???

wetcircuitwetcircuit Posts: 0
edited December 1969 in Carrara Discussion

I am ready to pull my hair out and scream....

In beta .204 I have installed the current version of Carrara Mimic, which is (according to the downloads page) C8_MimicPro_2.0.7.135_Mac64

When I run Create Lipsync, Carrara calculates and creates a new empty track. :long:

This worked in the previous version of the beta .172 (or possibly the one before .132)

Any ideas? I have everything configured, all the phonemes and gestures... Can anyone confirm Mimic working in .204 for Mac?

Comments

• wcwilcoxwcwilcox Posts: 0
    edited December 1969

I'm on a mac OSX 10.6.8 . Cararra Mimic is working for me in version C8.5.0.204.

• wetcircuitwetcircuit Posts: 0
    edited December 1969

Ahh... Hmmm. Thank you for confirming it's just me... :down:

Carrara 8.5.0.204 is the latest Beta Build!

What you need to know about this build:

10. Mimic fixes have been implemented for Gen 4 and earlier.
    11. Mimic and Mimic Pro for Genesis is fixed and will be made available to those who have purchases this.

About Mimic Pro and this build:
    If you own Mimic Pro and want to start using it with Genesis, you’ll need to download a build just for Carrara 8.5. You will NOT want to use this with your 8.1 build of Carrara. It won’t work with both builds. However, if you install the new version in a different location, you can continue to have both versions on your machine. The same serial number will continue to work for both builds. The DMC files are also included in this new version of Mimic Pro and will work with Genesis.

I think I may have installed the wrong version of Mimic... Where do I find this special 8.5 version? How do I know which is which?

• 3DAGE3DAGE Posts: 3,311
    edited May 2013

HI Holly,.

They should be in your account under the Carrara 8.5 beta,. rather than under Mimic.

They should have a different version number,,
    so as long as it's installed into the beta folder,. it shouldn't interfere with the existing mimic for Carrara.

Post edited by 3DAGE on
    edited December 1969

3DAGE said:
    HI Holly,.

They should be in your account under the Carrara 8.5 beta,. rather than under Mimic.

They should have a different version number,,
    so as long as it's installed into the beta folder,. it shouldn't interfere with the existing mimic for Carrara.

Ahh-HAA! Yes it is a different version number... C8_MimicPro_2.0.8.176_Mac64

Thank you!!

• 3DAGE3DAGE Posts: 3,311
    edited December 1969

No problem Holly :)

It had me confused too,. since I was looking under Mimic,. but nothing new there,..
    under the beta,. eureka.

I'm still getting used to the way the new layout shows bundled products.

• DAZ_SpookyDAZ_Spooky Posts: 3,100
    edited May 2013

3DAGE said:
    No problem Holly :)

It had me confused too,. since I was looking under Mimic,. but nothing new there,..
    under the beta,. eureka.

I'm still getting used to the way the new layout shows bundled products.

That has been changed. It is now in Mimic, where it belongs and the installer name has been changed to 85 instead of 8 to make it easier to tell apart. Sorry about the confusion.

The two versions of Mimic are not interchangeable.

Post edited by DAZ_Spooky on
    edited December 1969

YAY! it works...

Are there limits to the bitrate or something that can prevent a file from processing? I have an AIFF that i recorded that will not process (Carrara says uh-uh), but other files work (and a .wav of the same audio works)....

• WendyLuvsCatzWendyLuvsCatz Posts: 38,046
    edited December 1969

there is definitely some limits
    I cannot get most TTS exported wavs recognized as importable sound files (SAPI5 Microsoft Helen, Hazel, Heather and Haley are but not any SAPI4) yet Mimic pro and DS lipsync read them.

edited December 1969

there is definitely some limits
    I cannot get most TTS exported wavs recognized as importable sound files (SAPI5 Microsoft Helen, Hazel, Heather and Haley are but not any SAPI4) yet Mimic pro and DS lipsync read them.

Another area where Carrara is less robust. >:(
    Have you figured out a reason? I know some TTS voices are low-bit to make them work on phones.... It has to be a bitrate problem or similar...

Is there a "good" example to follow? CD-quality 44.1k sampling? (I think I was using 48k which is the video editing standard...