How About a Coupon That's USEFUL?

kj_54e8eded70kj_54e8eded70 Posts: 29
edited December 1969 in Product Suggestions

So, I periodically get $5 off coupons from DAZ in my email - which are specifically for "DAZ Originals."

Fine and good. However, when I browse DAZ "Originals," virtually every one of them is actually by a brokered artist - and if I attempt to use the coupon on any of these, it comes up as "invalid."

What kind of game are they playing here? Or am I not getting something?

It would be kind of nice to be able to use one of these coupons on a brokered artist item, because these seem to make up most of what's available here, anymore.

Comments

• JimmyC_2009JimmyC_2009 Posts: 8,891
    edited May 2013

Fine and good. However, when I browse DAZ “Originals,” virtually every one of them is actually by a brokered artist - and if I attempt to use the coupon on any of these, it comes up as “invalid.”

I don't know why looking at DAZ Originals would bring up PA items, it doesn't for me. If you mean that there is a brokered artist name there as well as DAZ 3D, then that is correct. If 'DAZ 3D' is the first name mentioned, then it is a DO item.

If you mean the recent $5 off coupon for buying the Horse 2, then there was a mistake in the email that was sent out. You have to spend at least $20 to get the $5 off. There is a thread about this, it was an error, see thread here: http://www.daz3d.com/forums/discussion/22599/

If you are having problems with displaying DAZ Originals, can you please give an example?

Post edited by JimmyC_2009 on
  • cecilia.robinsoncecilia.robinson Posts: 2,208
    edited May 2013

I too think the whole affair with coupons is little bit fishy. Not being a Platinum Club member, I only get the general newsletter, but it does send me some "exclusive" coupons from time to time. However, only that "WELCOME-30" worked for me. The biggest disappointment was the 3D-World "gift", Buccaneer Basic. It was supposed to be free with a coupon showed here: Link removed - but it didn't work. My luck I didn't need it (I grabbed Buccaner Basic when it was a short-time freebie shown only in the newsletter), but I wanted to forward the e-mail offer to a friend who also wants to learn DAZ Studio and it didn't turn out well. What's the matter with those coupons? Why don't they write OPENLY the rules for using them, I wonder?

Post edited by Richard Haseltine on
  • Richard HaseltineRichard Haseltine Posts: 100,099
    edited December 1969

That offer may well have expired - I will ask. In the meantime, the link should probably not be shared (if it isn't expired it's for 3D World subscribers only) so I'll edit your post.

• DAZ_Bcreek1DAZ_Bcreek1 Posts: 39
    edited December 1969

Please create a sales ticket for the issues mentioned here, we will honor all sales listed here for 48 hours. Thank you for your patience.

edited December 1969

That offer may well have expired - I will ask. In the meantime, the link should probably not be shared (if it isn't expired it's for 3D World subscribers only) so I'll edit your post.

Thank you, Richard, I didn't think it still applies and my sole intention was to help the others understand what I meant.

• SpottedKittySpottedKitty Posts: 7,232
    edited June 2013

My major issue with these coupons is a side-effect of the "DO only" thing. I got some coupons for all the stuff I spent during March Madness, plus a few more since then, and in using these up I went through pretty much every single DO I didn't already have that I actually wanted to buy. There's nothing else, apart from anything new in the pipeline. I'm pretty much stuck — I can't use these coupons (if they even work properly, which sadly has been more than a little uncertain for the last several months) unless some new DO appears that tickles my "buy" reflex.

Post edited by SpottedKitty on
  • tsaristtsarist Posts: 1,614
    edited December 1969

I went through pretty much every single DO I didn't already have that I actually wanted to buy. There's nothing else, apart from anything new in the pipeline.

I hear you Spotted. Every month I have trouble spending my coupon. There are a lot of great DO's, but I have bought most of them already. I spend hours of time each month trying to spend that coupon. I hate letting them expire unused.
    They should just give us a gift certificate that doesn't expire.
    I would also prefer something that can be used on PA items (but we've already beat that horse and got ignored).

• Serene NightSerene Night Posts: 17,621
    edited December 1969

I wish the coupon would be used on the new releases by daz. I too have trouble using the coupon, since the only items I have yet to buy that I want from the Daz original category are:

1. new releases
    2. Really expenseive and would only buy them if they were steeply discounted
    3. Not qualified because they are in 1.99 category

I think where the plat club fails- at least for me- is for the old timers, who have a lot of the content.

edited December 1969

Please create a sales ticket for the issues mentioned here, we will honor all sales listed here for 48 hours. Thank you for your patience.

Okay, done. Thank you a lot.

PS Kayma, I don't want to be nosy, but do you have Platinum Club membership at the moment and it's due to this you're getting these coupons? If you don't want to answer, it's fine, I only want to know if the whole affair with the membership is worth the effort. After currency exchange rate, it costs a lot.

• ChoholeChohole Posts: 33,604
    edited June 2013

PC membership gives you 4 items each week which enter the store at $1.99 for members. You also get regular 30% discount an all Daz Originals, and a coupon each month which can be used on Daz Originals. Also there is a free members only product each month, which is a normal store item for non members.

It doesn't take to long to work out the maths and see that PC membership is very much worth while.

http://www.daz3d.com/products/platinum-club

Post edited by Chohole on
  • SickleYieldSickleYield Posts: 7,633
    edited December 1969

tsarist said:
    I went through pretty much every single DO I didn't already have that I actually wanted to buy. There's nothing else, apart from anything new in the pipeline.

I hear you Spotted. Every month I have trouble spending my coupon. There are a lot of great DO's, but I have bought most of them already. I spend hours of time each month trying to spend that coupon. I hate letting them expire unused.
    They should just give us a gift certificate that doesn't expire.
    I would also prefer something that can be used on PA items (but we've already beat that horse and got ignored).

Not all PAs allow coupons to be used on their stores (just those of us that agreed to it with Marketing). Maybe it's to do with the difficulty in making coupons apply to one store but not another one.

I'd like to be able to use a coupon on other PA stores as well. I've got wishlists. ;)

edited June 2013

tsarist said:
    I'd like to be able to use a coupon on other PA stores as well. I've got wishlists. ;)

That's a good idea. By the way, there ought to be an option to make wishlists visible to other customers. What if I want to get a surprise gift certificate for a friend if I can't learn without asking openly what he or she longs for? Should there be a visible wishlist, I could type the exact amount on the gift certificate without worrying the friend would have to pay additionally.

EDIT:

After opening a ticket, I got this:

"From our Marketing Team.

"We're sorry, most of these coupons expired quite some time ago or were only available to a specific group of customers - depending on purchases they made, community participation, or other specific activities. As for new customers, each coupon code may have different account creation requirements. We hope our sales are being conveyed properly, but we know there is always room for improvement."

For any further assistnace please contact our Marketing Team directly. [email protected]"

I asked for clear rules of using coupons that lacked specific information (expiration date, membership issues, amount in the cart). I showed them the following as examples:
    100GET25!
    50BACK10!
    30BACK5!
    SAVE-30
    Welcome-30
    NEW2DAZ
    MICHAEL-50
    DAZMANAGE
    Mic&Vic;-50
    GenStart-50
    Bucc@neer-Free!

I hope it wouldn't be a problem for them to follow a pattern like this, for instance:

"Type THIS after filling your cart with PRODUCTS/DAZ ORIGINALS worth AT LEAST THIS AMOUNT in order to get THIS. The coupon works THAT MANY times FROM THIS TO THAT DATE. It will work for ALL CUSTOMERS/PLATINUM MEMBERS".

What do you all think?

Post edited by cecilia.robinson on