Waiting and waiting

edited December 1969 in Carrara Discussion

Germane to the release of Carrara 8.5 PRO!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VQFxmAdyKcg

Comments

• ManStanManStan Posts: 0
    edited December 1969

When DAZ gives me a time frame on something I immediately blow it off. Absolutely no reason to get my hopes up; pessimist that I am I still hope for the best.

But weren't we supposed to get another beta build before the release?

And hey, it's still not too late for DAZ to cancel this release and just drop it for the carrara 9 release later this/early next year. I've been with DAZ long enough not to put anything past them.

• swordkensiaswordkensia Posts: 348
    edited December 1969

I thought 8.5 was not due for release until the end of summer which would place it arond the end of August, maybe the beginning of September and that Carrara 9 was planned for the 1st half of next year.???

So by that reckoning Daz still have a few months left before they have to deliver 8.5 etc.

Cheers,

S.K.

edited December 1969

I thought 8.5 was not due for release until the end of summer which would place it arond the end of August, maybe the beginning of September and that Carrara 9 was planned for the 1st half of next year.???

So by that reckoning Daz still have a few months left before they have to deliver 8.5 etc.

Cheers,

S.K.

Agree.But we should have gotten that next build/release candidate by now. This is cutting it real close to get any more fixes in before the release.

• ChoholeChohole Posts: 33,604
    edited May 2013

Ummm............................................. http://www.daz3d.com/forums/discussion/20690/

Post edited by Chohole on
  • DartanbeckDartanbeck Posts: 21,326
    edited December 1969

As long as the beta keeps working... I don't mind if they just go straight to 9 from here...
    Having issues with the batch render though. Must test some more. Aside from that... I really like 8.5b so far
    Now I'm getting anxious for MORE... like what 9 Pro will bring! :)

• araneldonaraneldon Posts: 712
    edited December 1969

ManStan said:
    But we should have gotten that next build/release candidate by now. This is cutting it real close to get any more fixes in before the release.

204 is the new beta build we were promised as far as I know. Where did you get the impression that more would be coming?
    edited December 1969

araneldon said:
    ManStan said:
    But we should have gotten that next build/release candidate by now. This is cutting it real close to get any more fixes in before the release.

204 is the new beta build we were promised as far as I know. Where did you get the impression that more would be coming?

Me expecting a release candidate before the actual release.

• evilproducerevilproducer Posts: 9,050
    edited May 2013

Germane to the release of Carrara 8.5 PRO!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VQFxmAdyKcg

It seems as if every two weeks you come up with a thread that says essentially the same thing. I personally have pointed you to other threads and the Carrara cafe news release where it is clearly stated that C8.5 has a target release time around the end of summer and C9 in 2014. When it's August or September and if DAZ hasn't released the software as a production build, then it would seem to be an appropriate time to post another thread like this. Otherwise, what's the point? Do you expect this to make the honcho's at DAZ release the new version of Carrara next week?

I know that most people are tired of this seemingly endless beta cycle, but the reasons have been explained why it was delayed numerous times by DAZ staff here on the forum- Nobody likes it, but it is what it is. Have some (more) patience.

Post edited by evilproducer on
    edited December 1969

I know that most people are tired of this seemingly endless beta cycle, but the reasons have been explained why it was delayed numerous times by DAZ staff here on the forum- Nobody likes it, but it is what it is. Have some (more) patience.

I wouldn't be tired of it if we had gotten regular updates. I think new codes out numbered actual beta updates 4 to 1.