Daz Easy DOF (Camera + Props)

Griffin AvidGriffin Avid Posts: 3,758
edited January 2018 in Product Suggestions

A new product called Daz Easy D.O.F. (Depth of Field)

It's the effect where objects, far away, are blurred and the closest objects are in focus.

This is a combination of script plus props. [The props can be graphic overlays, but I like props!]

The props are BARS that, when you move them -> CHANGE THE CAMERA SETTINGS.

And when you change the camera settings, THE BARS MOVE in your scene.

When you launch the scripting Main product - it creates a LINKED camera and Set of props PANE which are 3D PROP markers in the current scene.

You can move the pairs closer or further and reverse their order so that something close is what's blurry and what's far is in focus.

The key is that the TWO aspects are linked. So you can select the BARS in the scene pane and move them and let the camera follow along and update.

Or grab just one bar and widen the affected area of effect. There's sliders to affect the amounts of blurriness, with a constantly updating (like the coordinates of a scene navigator) scale or indicator with % of blur applied.

The things that make this products stand out with a professional polish is....

1) Has a PDF manual that thanks you for buying such an amazing product and for using Daz, overall. Then Explains what DOF is [yes, the history and popular uses], has examples and a step by step getting started section.

2) The first Script preset opens a text window that has a quick summary of what does what.

3) The read me file is a thank you from the PA, followed by THE PDF MANUAL, again.

4) Tons of Presets, clearly labeled ...like Portrait Close, Portrait Family, Mug Shot, Vast Valley, Raindrops on Window Pane. Below these are numbered presets that (only photographers would understand.)

5) In the PDF manual and in the Promo shots are Example Settings and renders. And the NAME on the PROMO Image MATCHES the name of the Preset in the list.

6) Parameter Limits so that real world camera results are the default range- you couldn't get wacky unless you truly tried. For slower systems, it should eliminate the guess work.

------------------

The item arrives and is the big deal for the whole week, like the last centaur, where it has a million bundles, high quality releases (aside from the minor hip transition) and expansion packs - like more presets some for skies, space....landscape, underwater etc. Expansions can also include render settings- some vendors have "portrait studio sets" where they make beautiful backdrops and the camera is already placed in the scene and it's up to the user to place their figure on the stool, bench, couch, chair, stripper's pole, etc to complete the scene. Again, those products have sets that MATCH THE DOF Products- as such, they are required products. The camera isn't necessary, but it'd be a huge boost, knowing that some products were specifically set up to work with this camera+prop system.

Daz Easy Camera by Griffin Avid.jpg
700 x 628 - 292K
Post edited by Griffin Avid on

Comments

• kaotkblisskaotkbliss Posts: 2,914

Sounds like an excellent idea. Not to mention this post was so well done, I was looking for the download link LOL

• Ummm. This idea is so well thought out that it's hard to believe it isn't really a product under production. You've come up with a fantastic concept. Like all really good ideas, it recognizes a problem so common that people overlook it, and provides a simple, elegant solution. I would buy it TODAY if it were available.

• I'd pay money for something like this.

• jag11jag11 Posts: 885

An amazing way of requesting a product very well documented. Interested also.