Display Mode

I'm just going through a few tutorials after installing the new beta (which, thankfully, no longer crashes after a few minutes). I'm still trying to get used to the interface and I've been clicking through the various Display Modes. I have a G3F character with some clothing imported via the Hexagon/DaZ Studio Bridge and it comes in fully textured. The texturing is distracting and sometimes clashes with the selection colours. Is there a way I can switch off the texturing and make it a Smooth Solid of a single colour of my choice?

Comments

• Wee Dangerous JohnWee Dangerous John Posts: 1,605
    edited January 2018

I have not tried this before so I'll just give it a go devil

Changed clothing material in DAZ Studio to dzMatte (does not work with Iray).

In Hexagon - got rid off the Shading domains. Material tab, changed the mats from "Texture Image" to "Colour" and changed the Colour and Spec (I prefer the Spec to be mid grey).

Moved a few faces and sent it back to DAZ Studio with no probems at all. As long as you do not add or remove any geometry you should be okay.

Post edited by Wee Dangerous John on
  • marblemarble Posts: 7,449

I have not tried this before so I'll just give it a go devil

Changed clothing material in DAZ Studio to dzMatte (does not work with Iray).

In Hexagon - got rid off the Shading domains. Material tab, changed the mats from "Texture Image" to "Colour" and changed the Colour and Spec (I prefer the Spec to be mid grey).

Moved a few faces and sent it back to DAZ Studio with no probems at all. As long as you do not add or remove any geometry you should be okay.

Many thanks for that - I would never have thought of that. I didn't even know about the IRay incompatibilty.

However, Hex has started crashing for me again. No idea why since it seemed to work fine for a while but I'll use Blender again until they are ready to release the new update of Hexagon. To be honest, the bridge is the only advantage that Hexagon has over Blender from what I've seen so far but it is a great time saver for quick morphs.