A bucket full of water to throw at people

IllidanstormIllidanstorm Posts: 655
edited January 2018 in Product Suggestions

I want a bucket full of water that you can splash at people

http://ww4.hdnux.com/photos/62/66/30/13329947/5/920x920.jpg

and while we are at it it would be nice to have water ballons that can explode.

I'm sorry if this already exists but I couldn't find it

Post edited by Illidanstorm on

Comments

• barbultbarbult Posts: 23,882

This sounds like an interesting idea and it would be fun to use. I bet @SickleYield could do a good job on a pack like this. She has done lots of interesting things with water already. Take a look at her store and see if there is something you could kitbash together to get what you need. She has rigged water and rigged waterfalls, splashes, shower water, to name a few.

• MarcCCTxMarcCCTx Posts: 912

Fun in the Sand https://www.daz3d.com/fun-in-the-sand has a bucket, and you could probably apply a water shader to the sand in the bucket.

• Serene NightSerene Night Posts: 17,602

So far I haven’t felt any of the rigged water products really look all that great. But I like this idea.

• FeralFeyFeralFey Posts: 3,923

Ironically, this is something that Orestes Studios and I have discussed way back when we first did the Electromancy sets. We're currently working on another project at the moment, but when that's finished, I'll poke him and get him started back on this, because, yeah, it'd be cool to have it in the store.

So far I haven’t felt any of the rigged water products really look all that great. But I like this idea.

I think the issue is that the size of the droplets are too large to be realistic in some cases. Maybe it is a tradeoff between drop size and performance.

edited January 2018

Remember that hairgel dippity do? That’s what it reminds me of. Some sort of gel. Real water I agree is not large or gelatinous,

Post edited by Serene Night on
  • Sfariah DSfariah D Posts: 26,116

Sounds fun!  Water dynamics are really needed.

• FeralFey said:

Ironically, this is something that Orestes Studios and I have discussed way back when we first did the Electromancy sets. We're currently working on another project at the moment, but when that's finished, I'll poke him and get him started back on this, because, yeah, it'd be cool to have it in the store.

What she said. lol Its something thats been on the the 'to do' list for a while. I've got some projects to finish up on first, maybe I could work on this then.

• WendyLuvsCatzWendyLuvsCatz Posts: 38,041
    edited January 2018

oh 3D

I saw the thread title and immediately thought of a few people ......

I have one suggestion 

Carrara and the free FLUIDOS plugin by Alemar the sim result obj exports

it is also easier to those familiar with Carrara at least  to use than Blender Fluids which also obj export if you prefer that choice,

Post edited by WendyLuvsCatz on
  • FSMCDesignsFSMCDesigns Posts: 12,722

Remember that hairgel dippity do? That’s what it reminds me of. Some sort of gel. Real water I agree is not large or gelatinous,

Agreed, which is why i scale them down when used.

• nonesuch00nonesuch00 Posts: 18,032

I remember dippity do! LOL.

I still remember the way it smelled....

I never had any, but I remember the name.

• IsaacNewtonIsaacNewton Posts: 1,300

Are you talking VR or reality? If the latter, then me too :)

• srieschsriesch Posts: 4,241
    barbult said:

I think the issue is that the size of the droplets are too large to be realistic in some cases. Maybe it is a tradeoff between drop size and performance.

I agree about the scale as well, I consider many of them to be very small items that should be resized far smaller before use (but then that doesn't always match them to their original purpose).  very high-resolution future water products with dramatically smaller droplets would be quite nice (if needed, they could include a performance warning if that is a concern, or offer both high- and low-resolution variations so people can choose between detail and performance.).

• AlbertoAlberto Posts: 1,412

Or maybe at an angry cat?

• MarcCCTxMarcCCTx Posts: 912

Poor, puddy tat.

• Sfariah DSfariah D Posts: 26,116
    Alberto said:

Or maybe at an angry cat?

Definitely unhappy cat!

• WendyLuvsCatzWendyLuvsCatz Posts: 38,041

that BTW is FLUIDOS Alberto is the Carrara plugin developer