Tribal/Chtulhu style jewelry for genesis?

timmercado1975timmercado1975 Posts: 17
edited January 2018 in Product Suggestions

Hello everyone. I'm currently working on a render that could benefit from a set of tribal or primitive jewelry that I could apply some otherworldly style iRay shaders to.  

Think of a bone / twine necklace, similar arm bands, perhaps a rope belt with strange bones or some skulls hanging off it, and things of that nature, suitable to a cthuloid priest. 

For reference, I'm using the ribbits for genesis product to simulate a 'deep one' sort of guy. That's located here:  https://www.daz3d.com/ribbits-for-genesis

I've searched around for current products, as well as freebies, here as well as other sites like renderosity but just can't find any that fit the bill.

Does anyone have a recommendation for a product that might work for this, or would any content creator be willing to make a set like this? 

Post edited by timmercado1975 on

Comments

• FeralFeyFeralFey Posts: 3,923

I am a HUGE Chtulhu fan (or rather an HP Lovecraft fan), and I've often toyed with making stuff in this vein. I'll see what I can come up with. (She says as she adds this to her ever growing build list.)

• Um, that's because you're fantastic?? :) Thank you for the response... I'm pretty excited to see what you churn up! I'd buy pretty quickly most likely. I'm quite fond of Lovecraft's writing as well, and that of his contemporaries. I really do appreciate your interest in this, but do also respect that you've probably got a ton on your plate. Thanks once again! Also nice to meet you ^.^

Nice to meet you as well, timmercado1975. :) It's always a pleasure meeting customers. 

I can't promise that it'll be a quick turn around. I tend to be one of the slower PAs, because I spend a lot of time with the details on any of my products. I can, however, say that a rope belt is in the works as we speak. I've been working with Orestes Studios on a new project (we're making an outfit together - he's modeling it, and I'm rigging it, so we'll have to see how that turns out.) You could probably kitbash our belt for your purposes...unless I decide to do a Cthulhu priest/priestess outfit on my own. I did start a priestess outfit last year that has been languishing on my computer. Maybe it's time to pull it out of the closet and work on it again (and build a priest version while I'm at it)? 

Heheh...I just mentioned to my husband this thread and he immediately pulled out one of our many HP Lovecraft books and he read to me the passage in "Shadow Over Innsmouth" describing the tiara amongst the other artifacts. Lol. I think he's wanting me to build something in this vein as well. I'm getting it from all sides here. Lol. Fine, fine, fine! I'll build some Cthulhu "bling". 

• So sorry I missed your post this long!! Work has been crazy busy, I rarely have time to learn this program. But when I can, I love doing it. Just please know I can't thank you enough for your desire to do this, and I'll buy it super fast when it's done!! Again, big apologies from me to you on the tardiness of my reply, but huge thanks to go along with it!
  • gederixgederix Posts: 390

I had a post in requesting tribal stuff also, bone thru the nose etc, spent a few days searching but afaict does not exist. Cthulhu would be cool though. Also, Cyclopean. 

• A shoggoth would be useful, for something I have in mind... That being something inspired by a Robert E. Howard story where a similar beastie appears. Primitive/barbaric and exotic jewellery would also be useful for that, incidentally.

Other Lovecraftian stuff that might be good to produce migh inlcude elder things, a Cthulhu (complete with plinth upon which to squat), deep ones, Dagon type monster etc, and characters with the Innsmouth look. Also misty spooky settings where Lovecraftian outlandishness might transpire. Also, cyclopean lost cities where eldrich relics might be unearthed.

And maybe some troglodyte beings with odd-coloured eyes.