shader help

edited December 1969 in Carrara Discussion

I accidently chose to save the textures externally.

I tried to find an answer to my question, but the closest was just talking about what it is.

so my question is: Can I switch a file that already has been made with textures saved externally to internally?

Like right now it's set to external, is there somewhere I can change that option?

If not, I guess I should just make a new document, and paste my stuff in.

Was curious, that's all, :-P

Comments

• 3DAGE3DAGE Posts: 3,311
    edited December 1969

Hi roby1kanobi :)

If you've saved the scene file as (save internally) then as far as I know,. all the shaders (which use textures) will be changed to save those texture maps internally .

You'd either need to open the scene,. then go through all the shaders,. changing each texture map to External, and then saving the texture maps in a folder somewhere.
    Or,..
    You could save the scene again, and choose to save Externally,
    Carrara should automate the process of saving the texture maps externally, although you'l need to click for each saved image, and it'll probably change the image format to Tiff

It may be easier to re-apply your shaders to the scene objects. the save the scene again, but NOT internally this time. :)

• edited December 1969

Thanx 3DAGE, You're always top notch to answer question and you do it quickly!

:-)

Been awhile that I had a question about Carrara, I always manage to find a way, :-p

I actually copy pasted all my stuff in another file, but I'm happy (and hitting my forehead to not have thought about it) to know that you could only do a save as... DOAWP!

hehehhe

Keep up the good work!

- Rob

• 3DAGE3DAGE Posts: 3,311
    edited December 1969

Thanks Rob :)

Good to see you're still around :)