Need a HD qaulity realistic suit for Gen 8 male.

SnowPheonixSnowPheonix Posts: 896
edited January 2018 in Product Suggestions

I'm hoping one of you top end designers will make the classic tailored suit that is the must in every modern male's catalog.  I own some old suits that just don't seem to cut it... I need something that really stands out... Can you deliver?  Gen 8 needs an update!  What do you got?  Every girl is crazy for the sharp dressed man...  but he also has to go to work.

Oh and while I'm dreaming out loud... Maybe you can release it with a classic hat that has hat hair morphs included... Maybe as an option .. thanks.  Oh and the cloak and dagger version.. gotta have the mob suit... Suit UP!  Oh.. and military ribbons version could switch to a uniform suit.. That would totally rock!

Post edited by SnowPheonix on

Comments

• How about the IH Kang suits, they are pretty nice:

https://www.daz3d.com/h-c-business-suit-a-for-genesis-3-male-s

https://www.daz3d.com/h-c-business-suit-b-for-genesis-3-male-s

They are for G3 but like other clothes you can convert them to G8 very easy using this tutorial: https://sickleyield.deviantart.com/journal/Tutorial-Convert-Clothing-G3-to-G8-G8-to-G3-686682065

It gives much better results than autofit in my experience.

• Serene NightSerene Night Posts: 17,602
    edited January 2018

I haven’t found marvelous designer made clothing for gen 3 fits too well on gen 8 even with the tutorial. I agree. New native  tailored suit would be great.

Post edited by Serene Night on

They are for G3 but like other clothes you can convert them to G8 very easy using this tutorial: https://sickleyield.deviantart.com/journal/Tutorial-Convert-Clothing-G3-to-G8-G8-to-G3-686682065

I didn't want to have to name products but it's just not up to snuff.. I own this product or at least the "H&C Business Suit B" version and it doesn't look like a real piece of clothing ...  I'm hoping for something more realistic... this turkey also crashes my DAZ studio every time I hit the render.. total garbage..  rather than worry about it.. I'm hoping that a new and better version that is HD qaulity will done.. one that LOOKS LIKE REAL MATERIAL and doesn't have that lame 2 dimensional dynamic material zone look..

I think Luthbel has spoiled me for life with the high standards that artist put into clothing..

• I haven’t found marvelous designer made clothing for gen 3 fits too well on gen 8 even with the tutorial. I agree. New native  tailored suit would be great.

Unfortunately men's clothing always seems to get neglected but a good top qaulity suit no doubt would be a main fall back but the 'old stuff' just doesn't seem to cut it for up close portraits ... Too often I end up with jagged corners that just don't look right up close.  Thanks for the supporting voice...

5someguys3b.jpg
    1220 x 845 - 465K

I didn't want to have to name products but it's just not up to snuff.. I own this product or at least the "H&C Business Suit B" version and it doesn't look like a real piece of clothing ...  I'm hoping for something more realistic... this turkey also crashes my DAZ studio every time I hit the render.. total garbage..  rather than worry about it.. I'm hoping that a new and better version that is HD qaulity will done.. one that LOOKS LIKE REAL MATERIAL and doesn't have that lame 2 dimensional dynamic material zone look..

I think Luthbel has spoiled me for life with the high standards that artist put into clothing..

I'd allow that the jacket doesn't respond well to raised arms, but it looks reasonable with lowered arms - and certainly isn't crashing on render.

• FeralFeyFeralFey Posts: 3,923

I haven’t found marvelous designer made clothing for gen 3 fits too well on gen 8 even with the tutorial. I agree. New native  tailored suit would be great.

Unfortunately men's clothing always seems to get neglected but a good top qaulity suit no doubt would be a main fall back but the 'old stuff' just doesn't seem to cut it for up close portraits ... Too often I end up with jagged corners that just don't look right up close.  Thanks for the supporting voice...

Have you tried increasing the LOD (also called SubD or Sub Division)? Sometimes doing this, particularly on older outfits that were built before new techniques evolved, will smooth out some of the jagged-ness. Two caveats, though. One being is that I have not personally tried this out yet on any of the male outfits in question. The other being that sometimes increasing it will over-smooth some of the sharper details like creases. Sometimes it gets good results, sometimes not. It's just another something to try in the ol' toolbag until better outfits start showing up in the market.

• k410k410 Posts: 75
    edited January 2018

Maybe with dForce someone will find a way to make a suit that drapes more naturally.  Then of course people will want variations:  jacket unbuttoned, jacket over the shoulder, jacket folded over a chair, etc.

That's a really good suggestion.  I hadn't noticed this gap in men's apparel until SnowPheonix pointed it out.  Classic tailored suits would be good for a lot of different kinds of scenes.

Post edited by k410 on
  • nonesuch00nonesuch00 Posts: 18,032

The best male clothing set in the DAZ Store in my eyes remains the Grantham Suit although I haven't tried a lot of convoluted poses in that suit. Granted, it's 19th or early 20th century in style but most people aren't going to know that. 

• this turkey also crashes my DAZ studio every time I hit the render.. total garbage..

By "total garbage" you refer to your computer, I'm assuming. The crash is not because of the suit.

• MadaMada Posts: 1,892
    edited January 2018

Post edited by Mada on
  • Male-M3diaMale-M3dia Posts: 3,581
    edited January 2018

Yes, vendors really get motivated to do better by being insulted. Encouragement like this keeps up and we''ll have no one left to make male clothing yes

I do wonder if getting rid of flat, harsh lighting would resolve of some the issues mentioned so far.

Post edited by Male-M3dia on
  • k410k410 Posts: 75

Good to learn about things like changing the SubD level or applying dForce to existing garments!  

That Grantham suit and variations do look pretty nice.

• Mada said:

How about the IH Kang suits, they are pretty nice:

Dude - you pretty much convinced me that I won't be doing a business suit with this post LOL! dForce has come a long way in making stuff look more realistic - have you tried dForcing it?

Naw; they want it to fit perfectly without using the new technology, even though no jacket ever truly fits properly unless it's tailored to fit a specific person.
  • I don't know. I kind of like IH Kang's suits. This one is just autofit onto G8, no templates chosen because I was too lazy to look down the list for them.

suit02a.png
    1000 x 1300 - 1M
  • LyonessLyoness Posts: 1,612

I don't know. I kind of like IH Kang's suits. This one is just autofit onto G8, no templates chosen because I was too lazy to look down the list for them.

CC. that looks really nice.

• Serene NightSerene Night Posts: 17,602

I don't know. I kind of like IH Kang's suits. This one is just autofit onto G8, no templates chosen because I was too lazy to look down the list for them.

Looks great, love his strawberry blonde beard,

It's definately the fit & not the cloth that looks unrealistic. That's what dForce is for.

I'd allow that the jacket doesn't respond well to raised arms, but it looks reasonable with lowered arms - and certainly isn't crashing on render.

LOL... Well.. the good news is that I manage to get a render that didn't crash... but the results are still horrible.. the product doesn't do well to any movement period..  The main problem is the dynamic material used on what should be a precisoun material.. the end results are warped pin stripes that destroy any chance of a realistic appearance.   Then there is the unnatural bunching and bulging that simply adds to the warped lines.. A real suit isn't going to cling to the form so that you can still see that six pack shining through.. The entire outfit is missing the sharp crisp straight lines that come from a well tailored suit.

I think what it is .. it's 2 dimensional clothing that is just layered up like another skin rather than a 3 dimensional object in its own right... I would imagine a real suit would benefit greatly from the new D-force technology...  Always room for improvement and suits should be a top priority in this modern world..

Have a great day..

suit33a.jpg
    1288 x 575 - 499K

You were probably running out of RAM on your earlier renders that were crashing.

• You were probably running out of RAM on your earlier renders that were crashing.

Even with 16 gigs installed?  Maybe.. I do find that certain hair and other objects tend to make it crash more than others which is why I ran this test bald.. You gotta love life on the cutting edge though... Hope things are going well for you...  I was watching the movie "The Adjustment Buero".. Love that movie.. but I was thinking how cool would it be to make character with suits that look 'that good'...  Now I'm just having fun... :))

mirror3ax.jpg
    1220 x 845 - 545K

You were probably running out of RAM on your earlier renders that were crashing.

Even with 16 gigs installed?  Maybe.. I do find that certain hair and other objects tend to make it crash more than others which is why I ran this test bald.. You gotta love life on the cutting edge though... Hope things are going well for you...  I was watching the movie "The Adjustment Buero".. Love that movie.. but I was thinking how cool would it be to make character with suits that look 'that good'...  Now I'm just having fun... :))

Nice render.

Yes and the more characters & more fibre mesh hair you use the more like a out of memory crash will happen. A big clue to low memory is the longer it takes a scene to start being rendered when you start the render before the 1st iteration is drawn on the render the more memory it is using. If you start the Task Manager are watch DAZ Studio as it prepares your scene for render you can watch the memory use grow & grow & grow until the prep work is done & then you watch the DAZ memory use sink lower again. 

• You were probably running out of RAM on your earlier renders that were crashing.

Nice render.

Yes and the more characters & more fibre mesh hair you use the more like a out of memory crash will happen. A big clue to low memory is the longer it takes a scene to start being rendered when you start the render before the 1st iteration is drawn on the render the more memory it is using. If you start the Task Manager are watch DAZ Studio as it prepares your scene for render you can watch the memory use grow & grow & grow until the prep work is done & then you watch the DAZ memory use sink lower again. 

It really is a trick... everything has to be just the right balance.. One new product I just finished getting was the "Now crowd billboards"..   I'm still figuring out more about that product..  but I digress  .. for me .. the bar has been set by Luthbel and this is what the suit should look like...

soldierspush4g.png
    1288 x 575 - 1M
  • Well you're right about autofollow totally messing with the suit on such an extreme morph. I agree suits should have good fit morphs.

• I don't know. I kind of like IH Kang's suits. This one is just autofit onto G8, no templates chosen because I was too lazy to look down the list for them.

Excellent render but your render is demonstrating the same warping effect that shows the limitations of the 'dynamic' material used for this rather 2 dimensional piece of clothing. and don't get me wrong.. you've done a masterful job but for me.. I see room for improvement and this is PRODUCT SUGGESTION.. so now is the time to ask...

It's definately the fit & not the cloth that looks unrealistic. That's what dForce is for.

It's the warping in the cloth that turns me off the most next to the layering of the material in such a 2 dimensional way that the cuffs look best hidden off camara..

• DAZ_ann0314DAZ_ann0314 Posts: 2,844

Yes, given I have 32 GB of RAM and I've managed it...it is very much plausible. A useful thing is to add the Scene Info window to your layout for DS then you can see exactly how many poly you are loading up with all that stuff and you can also see around where your PC starts to revolt so you can avoid going too high. You can alway render in groupings and put it back together in post if what you envision gets to be too much for the system.

LOL... Well.. the good news is that I manage to get a render that didn't crash... but the results are still horrible.. the product doesn't do well to any movement period..  The main problem is the dynamic material used on what should be a precisoun material.. the end results are warped pin stripes that destroy any chance of a realistic appearance.   Then there is the unnatural bunching and bulging that simply adds to the warped lines.. A real suit isn't going to cling to the form so that you can still see that six pack shining through.. The entire outfit is missing the sharp crisp straight lines that come from a well tailored suit.

I think what it is .. it's 2 dimensional clothing that is just layered up like another skin rather than a 3 dimensional object in its own right... I would imagine a real suit would benefit greatly from the new D-force technology...  Always room for improvement and suits should be a top priority in this modern world..

Have a great day..

These are limits of rigged clothing (the twisting) and morph projection (the shape showing through). dForce should help with the former, for the latter the fix is a custom morph for the shape but with the wealth of morphs we have that's not really an option (not to mention all the morphs released after the product): in the meantime, there are smoothed projection morphs avaialble for some morph sets (which should fill in some of the dips), and a smoothing modifier on the clothing may help though there's always a trade-off there.

Yes, given I have 32 GB of RAM and I've managed it...it is very much plausible. A useful thing is to add the Scene Info window to your layout for DS then you can see exactly how many poly you are loading up with all that stuff and you can also see around where your PC starts to revolt so you can avoid going too high. You can alway render in groupings and put it back together in post if what you envision gets to be too much for the system.

You know.. one of the things I love about DAZ is all the tools that are hidden under the hood that I know absolutely nothing about.. LOL.. So.. this sounds like the best off topic advice I've ever gotten.. thank you...  Now that I found this menu, what should I be looking at?  

• SnowPheonixSnowPheonix Posts: 896
    edited January 2018

How about the IH Kang suits, they are pretty nice:

Have a great day..

These are limits of rigged clothing (the twisting) and morph projection (the shape showing through). dForce should help with the former, for the latter the fix is a custom morph for the shape but with the wealth of morphs we have that's not really an option (not to mention all the morphs released after the product): in the meantime, there are smoothed projection morphs avaialble for some morph sets (which should fill in some of the dips), and a smoothing modifier on the clothing may help though there's always a trade-off there.

You know .. the interesting thing about owning several outfits by Luthbel?  Back during Genesis 2 he came out with Eldrich Seeker which is pretty close to the type of suit I want but that one comes with a trench coat instead of just a business blazer.  The interesting thing about that is that I can still load it.. 'out of the box' it works a charm.. It doesn't have any of the 'limits of rigged clothing' problems we see on these others.. Interestingly enough the same is true for every set of clothing I've bought from that artist... You know what else is cool..  straight lines.. loads right onto Genesis 8 with zero problem...  but what I notice most is that the shoulders don't do the unreal bunching..  everything has a depth to it..  I think its because its a well crafted outfit...  This should be the standard for clothing.

guns34g.jpg
    1288 x 575 - 312K
    Post edited by SnowPheonix on
  • Luthbel puts a lot of correction morphs in his sets, yes, and they cope with a wide range of situations - but the fact remains that rigged conforming clothing, while very convenent in use, does place limits on what can be achieved both plain and, to a lesser extent, with corrective morphs. I suspect that part of the reason the Luthbel set looks better is that it has support for the morphs you are using, or it already has a well configured smoothing modifier; mesh resolution can also be a factor.