Product reviews/demos

There have been several times that I have purchased something and realized after the fact that it wasn't exactly what I had in mind or that it wasn't going to work, and then I had to go through the process of doing a return (I'm sure the sales staff is tired of dealing with me lol). I think it would be nice for the store to have product reviews from customers for each item. Also, I'm not really sure how the technology works, but I know some software companies allow you to test their product for x amount of days to see if you like it before you buy it, and then it gets encrypted or somehow so that it is not usable after the amount of time is up. If it's somehow possible for Daz to implement this technology in their products I think that would be great.

Comments

• FSMCDesignsFSMCDesigns Posts: 12,722

That is crazy IMO. We obviously have totally different buying habits as I have only returned a couple of things and that was because of usuability, not because of it not being what I had in mind.I already feel that DAZs return policy probably gets abused more than it should and with the insane amount of sales I am surprized they make any money at all. I can't see a try before you buy scheme being beneficial at all for them.

• That is crazy IMO. We obviously have totally different buying habits as I have only returned a couple of things and that was because of usuability, not because of it not being what I had in mind.I already feel that DAZs return policy probably gets abused more than it should and with the insane amount of sales I am surprized they make any money at all. I can't see a try before you buy scheme being beneficial at all for them.

Not to mention that it's essentially a variation on the Encrypted DAZ Connect content distribution system that seems to have proven an expensive failure.
  • wolf359wolf359 Posts: 3,820

Unless the product is an extremely rarified niche item,
    one can usually ask other buyers ,in the forums, 
    for any particular usage  or feature questions.

For example, apparently Daz mimic live was part of a "BOGO"
    sale recently.
    As a mimic live user , I was able to answer very specific questions
    posed by people who were unsure if it would suit their needs
    before buying.