Realistic clothing thingy

Ok, so this is kinda annoying. Everytime I been on youtube for the past few weeks the videos I been watching have been either starting with or getting cut into by this add for a DAZ product that makes cloth and clothing flop and flap around realistically. Well, for a while I would see the add and think "Thats neat. I wish they would have had that when I was using DAZ." but as I kinda retired from making images and videos I didnt pay much more attention to it beyond that...

Here I am today, trying to get back in, and magically unable to find that addvert on youtube again. I would like to purchase that product if I could find it. XD

Comments

• SimonJMSimonJM Posts: 5,967

Could it have been Marvellous Designer?

• Are you sure it wasn't promoting dForce, the dynamics engine added to Daz Studio 4.10?

• MidyinMidyin Posts: 221
    edited January 2018

I'm honestly not sure. I been looking into DForce sence posting this. It looks like exactly what I would want, but I got this error when I tried to use it, and i'm honestly just tired of things not working for me the way they seem to for everyone else, so rather than fight with it I decided to grab Dynamic Clothing Mastery... 

Post edited by Midyin on
  • Serene NightSerene Night Posts: 17,602

It is the dforce commercial for Daz store. It’s everywhre. It starts with a woman walking and some jazzy music and then it gets really neat. 

• MidyinMidyin Posts: 221
    edited January 2018

I think you're right. I tried Dynamic Clothing Master, I found out the hard way(after wasting 17$) at that program is antiquated and only works with V4 stuff. Dforce gives me an error message, so I don't know what to do now.. 

Post edited by Midyin on
  • Serene NightSerene Night Posts: 17,602

Try posting about the error in the technical support forum. Include a screenshot and an example of what you are trying to do. Usually they can help.

• wolf359wolf359 Posts: 3,820

@Midyin  Make sure your machine specs comply with Dforce requirements

• SpottedKittySpottedKitty Posts: 7,232

Depending on exactly what your computer's specs are, and how recently (or otherwise) you've updated your system driver software, you might be able to get dForce working with something as simple as driver updates. Like Iray rendering, it works best with an NVidia graphics card and up-to-date drivers, but it's also possible to run it on your CPU.

(Note that "works best" means best speed, not best quality. Using an NVidia card gives faster results, but the quality is exactly the same running on your CPU.)