Documentation for Luminance Lighting pack for Carrara

edited December 1969 in Carrara Discussion

I want to use the Luminance light rigs I bought for Carrara and when I click on the link for documentation it points to the old artzone wiki which no longer exists.

Have the docs on how to use them been moved somewhere else?

Thanks.

Comments

• 3DAGE3DAGE Posts: 3,311
    edited December 1969

HI

To add the HDRI presets to your browser, click on the "Misc." tab. In the "File/Folder Menu", click on "Add Folder..." and navigate to the folders which contain your HDRI's .CBR files. When it asks you what type of folder it is, select "Background"

This is from the read me file,. the Numeric link on the last line of that page where it also links to the dead Artzone,..
    takes you to a messed up read me file "text from html conversion",. but with that text (above) near the bottom.

Hope it helps :)

• evilproducerevilproducer Posts: 9,050
    edited December 1969

3DAGE said:
    HI

To add the HDRI presets to your browser, click on the "Misc." tab. In the "File/Folder Menu", click on "Add Folder..." and navigate to the folders which contain your HDRI's .CBR files. When it asks you what type of folder it is, select "Background"

This is from the read me file,. the Numeric link on the last line of that page where it also links to the dead Artzone,..
    takes you to a messed up read me file "text from html conversion",. but with that text (above) near the bottom.

Hope it helps :)

Andy, do you think it's okay to feel smug about the documentation I included with my freebie scene? ;-)

• 3DAGE3DAGE Posts: 3,311
    edited December 1969

I'm still reading through it :)

• edited December 1969

Thanks 3dage The readme is fine and I already installed them in my browser from that. I was looking for documentation on how to use the preset rigs. I figured there would be at least a basic tutorial in using them in a scene and rendering. It's a great toolkit but it seems like its missing the how to piece. I have a feeling that was up on the artzone wiki and now it's all gone.

• The Pencil NeckThe Pencil Neck Posts: 163
    edited December 1969

I don't know what it is, exactly, you're looking for.

For me, I bought them and installed them. I found them under Objects->Luminance. There is LightPresents and RealisticSkies.

The RealisticSkies correspond to the stock Realistic Skies except that they don't illuminate a very large area. You've got to be careful that you're wanting to use them on a relatively small to medium set.

For the Light Presets, I found several different "configurations." Each configuration comes in some basic colors -- .Aqua, Brimstone, Lavendar, Light Blue, Neutral, and White.

There's a

16 Point Box Focus Close
    16 Point Box Focus Far
    25 Point Directional
    25 Point Flower
    25 Point Spherical
    30 Point Quarter Dome
    30 Point Ring Focus Close
    30 Point Ring Focus Far
    40 Point Array
    40 Point MiniDome

The number tells how many lights are in the group.

The Boxes and Rings surround the thing you want to light up. The Directional is like a super-powered spot with soft shadows. The Sphericals are basically just bulbs. The Domes and Arrays are big and better for outdoor types of scenes and are like a wall of lights.

The main thing is to just set up a scene or two and throw some of the light rigs in to see what happens.

• edited December 1969

Thanks thepencilneck - you explained the preset light rigs well. That's what I was looking for.
    I know I have to experiment with them but now I have an idea of what each type of rig does.

-Scott