Where is the sofas and curtain?

Where is the sofas and curtian in the product?
PS: https://www.daz3d.com/i13-effect-pose-collection-seating

I just can not locate the props.

Thank you in advance.

Comments

• They are in the product, according to the readme they are in Props:i13:Effect in the Content Library under daz Studio Formats, there isn't a listing for their category in any of the database-driven views (such as Smart Content) but if you find the set in the products tab of Smart Content you should be able to find the props in there.

• eric suscheric susch Posts: 130

I can confirm that the props for this product don't show up in the database in DAZ Studio.  They install to the hard drive properly and you can drag them from windows explorer into your project, but they don't show up in the Content Library or Smart Content.

I installed with DIM.

• vwranglervwrangler Posts: 4,813
    edited July 2021

I think either something changed with the product since it came out (some time ago), or else they need to be reinstalled. I have this product, and installed with DIM way back when I bought it, and all of the props are exactly where the readme says they should be in the Content Library, in the \Props\i13\EFFECT directory. They aren't with the poses.

I don't use Smart Content, so I don't know if they're wherever Smart Content thinks they should be.

Post edited by vwrangler on
  • eric suscheric susch Posts: 130
    edited July 2021

Yes, that is correct.  That's what I'm seeing.  They show up in the Content Library in: DAZ Studio Formats\library\\Props\i13\EFFECT directory because they actually were installed.  No one will know that however unless they spend time investigating the readme file to figure out where the heck the props went on the hard drive. 

The props do not show up with the product in the Content Library\Products\I\i13 EFFECT Pose Collection & Seating directory, or anywhere in Smart Content, even if you simply search for "sofa" in the files tab.  This will lead most people to conclude that the props are missing from the product and weren't included with the download.

...unless they are totally obsessive like me and search the forums and find this thread.  smiley

Post edited by eric susch on
  • PerttiAPerttiA Posts: 9,478

eric susch said:

Yes, that is correct.  They show up in the Content Library in: DAZ Studio Formats\library\\Props\i13\EFFECT directory because they actually were installed.  No one will know that however unless they spend time investigating the readme file to figure out where the heck the props went on the hard drive. 

The props do not show up with the product in the Content Library\Products\I\i13 EFFECT Pose Collection & Seating directory, or anywhere in Smart Content, even if you simply search for "sofa" in the files tab.  This will lead most people to conclude that the props are missing from the product and weren't included with the download.

...unless they are totally obsessive like me and search the forums and find this thread.  smiley

The Content Library\Products is also driven by the database and if the product doesn't include metadata to tell the database what it is, it will not show up.

I havent' used "smart" content or any of the database driven views either, since it is so much simpler for a control freak like myself to categorize and rearrange the stuff with real folder tree that can also be accessed as it is with Windows Explorer. 

• FSMCDesignsFSMCDesigns Posts: 12,566

eric susch said:

Yes, that is correct.  That's what I'm seeing.  They show up in the Content Library in: DAZ Studio Formats\library\\Props\i13\EFFECT directory because they actually were installed.  No one will know that however unless they spend time investigating the readme file to figure out where the heck the props went on the hard drive. 

That is just sad that users rely on smart content so much they don't even look to see where their files are installed. The two places you mention that they don't show up in are the two places I never use for locating products since the content library works just fine for me and my many gigs of content and various directories/runtimes.

DAZ should make it mandatory to installed everything manually until you can pass a test on where your files are actually located and then allow a user to use smart content or connect, LOL.